Convert a PPTX file with Asian characters to PDF using Java

if i save a powerpoint presentation in the 2007-2013 format (.pptx), GroupDocs will not convert to .pdf any text field that has some asian characters in it (see asian characters 1.pptx), but if i save the exact same document in the 97-2003 format (.ppt), the conversion happens just fine (see asian characters 1.ppt).

i’m using groupdocs for java version 17.7.1

thanks,
-bk

@bkirkby,

Thank you for your inquiry.
We couldn’t reproduce this issue using the problematic files you shared and 17.7.1 version of the API. Please find the output of both files below:

For further investigation, we’d require sample project and problematic output file from you.

1 Like

thanks Atir!

i was not able to duplicate the problem running on MacOS. i WAS able to duplicate the problem with the following OS and Java runtime:

Java: java version “1.8.0_161” , Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_161-b12) , Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.161-b12, mixed mode)

as i mentioned in the OP, i can only get it to fail with the newer version of PowerPoint format, not the older version.

thanks,
-bk

@bkirkby,

We are investigating this issue at our end. Your investigation ticket ID is CONVERSIONJAVA-496. As we have any updates on it, we’ll surely notify you.

1 Like