Convert PowerPoint to PDF/A-2u format - text spacing messed up?

It seems that there’s some issue when the conversion of text in PowerPoint files into PDF/A-2u format?

Sample PowerPoint.pptx:
PowerPoint.zip (24.3 KB)

Original screenshot of how it looks like:
image.png (3.4 KB)

Converted to PDF/A-2u:
PowerPoint.pptx.pdf (16.9 KB)

How the converted PDF/A-2u looks like:
image.png (8.3 KB)

@jarrodwee
This issue is reproduced at our end. Therefore, we have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CONVERSIONNET-6868

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CONVERSIONNET-6868) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by nikola.yankov

I’m testing the fix.

While it is confirmed that v24.5 has resolved the issue, I’m encountering a very odd situation whereby it takes very long for the first conversion to complete.
Subsequent conversions are fast.

The first conversion for the simple PowerPoint.pptx sample provided earlier above takes almost 3 minutes to convert to PDF/A-2u.

@jarrodwee

We couldn’t not reproduce this issue at our end using following Presentation file.

The conversion took almost 18 seconds image.png (141.8 KB). Could you please share the sample application and the problematic file using that issue could be reproduced?

I’m using the same sample file.
Perhaps it is just that my machine is slower?
I think 18 seconds is still too slow for such a simple sample.
Noted that simple MS Word documents convert much faster.

Also, I was testing the new PresentationLoadOptions - removing the below seems to speed things up even though the sample didn’t contain any embedded files.
Please try adding the below to confirm if it increases your conversion time.

if (nativeFileType is GroupDocs.Conversion.FileTypes.PresentationFileType)
    {
        return new GroupDocs.Conversion.Options.Load.PresentationLoadOptions
        {
            ConvertOwned = true
        };
    }
1 Like

@jarrodwee
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CONVERSIONNET-7005

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.