Converting "DOCX" to "PDF" converting symbols wrong

List in DOCX file converting wrong in docker container.

@Andranik

Could you please share the sample application/docker image, we need these details for the investigation?

FROM mcr.microsoft.com/dotnet/aspnet:6.0 AS base
WORKDIR /app
EXPOSE 80

RUN apt-get update && apt-get install -y ffmpeg libgdiplus

RUN sed -iā€™.bakā€™ ā€˜s/$/ contrib/ā€™ /etc/apt/sources.list
RUN apt-get update; apt-get install -y ttf-mscorefonts-installer fontconfig
RUN fc-cache -f -v

FROM mcr.microsoft.com/dotnet/sdk:6.0 AS build
WORKDIR /src/
COPY . .
RUN dotnet build -c Release -o /app/build

FROM build AS publish
RUN dotnet publish -c Release -o /app/publish

FROM base AS final
WORKDIR /app
COPY --from=publish /app/publish .
COPY [ā€œGroupDocs.Conversion.NET.licā€, ā€œā€]
ENTRYPOINT [ā€œdotnetā€, ā€œTest.dllā€]

@Andranik

We need additional information:

1. Application code that corresponds to this Dockerfile. Without the application code, it wonā€™t be possible to build and run the application.

2. If you have already built a Docker image using this Dockerfile. Please share the docker image file. This will allow us to run the application in our environment.

3. Please provide clear and detailed steps to reproduce the issue using the Docker image or configuration. This should include any specific commands or actions to take within the container.

Code corresponds to this Dockerfile.

using var stream = new MemoryStream();
try
{
using (var converter = new GroupDocs.Conversion.Converter(() => new MemoryStream(fileContent)))
{
var options = new PdfConvertOptions()
{
PageSize = PageSize.A4,
};
converter.Convert(() => stream, options);
}
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
_logger.LogError($ā€œCan not convert to pdf {fileName} {ex.Message}ā€, ex);
}

return stream.ToArray();

@Andranik
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CONVERSIONNET-6305

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

1 Like

@Andranik

Please take a look at this DocxToPdfBullets.zip (1.7 MB) application. We couldnā€™t reproduce this issue. Please try this attached application at your end.
If issue persists, we need following details:

• Sample application
  • A short video/screencast explaining steps to reproduce the issue
  • Docker image/complete development environment details

I am getting wrong file with online converter

@Andranik

I apologize, but we would like to clarify whether you are encountering this problem (incorrect symbols) within our free web application?

Because we couldnā€™t reproduce it using the backend Conversion API.

I have License of GroupDocs.Conversion
and in our web application and in yours online conversion I am getting the same output file instead of this characters Screenshot 2023-09-25 151509.png (215 Š‘Š°Š¹Ń‚)
I am getting this Screenshot 2023-09-25 151611.png (1.3 ŠšŠ‘)

@Andranik

Did you try running this application? If issue persists, please share a screencast/video explaining steps to reproduce the issue.

DocxToPdfBullets (Issue).zip (545.4 ŠšŠ‘)
Check this one. When I build and run the docker file in app there is result.pdf which contains characters like this
Screenshot 2023-10-03 133442.png (1.2 ŠšŠ‘)

1 Like

@Andranik

Thankyou for providing additional details. We will proceed with our investigation using the provided project.

1 Like

@Andranik

It looks like you have updated the sample file. In this sample, the bullets are chars from Symbol font. Both Wingdings and Symbol fonts are not included in the ttf-mscorefonts fonts package installed in Docker image. Thatā€™s why they also need to be installed. Possible way to install them is adding following in the Docker file.

RUN apt-get install -y curl \
    && apt-get install -y fontconfig
RUN wget -q -O - https://gist.githubusercontent.com/Blastoise/d959d3196fb3937b36969013d96740e0/raw/429d8882b7c34e5dbd7b9cbc9d0079de5bd9e3aa/otherFonts.sh | bash

Tank you a looot!!!

@Andranik

You are welcome.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CONVERSIONNET-6305) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by nikola.yankov