Converting DOCX to PDF results missing information in Java

Hi,

I recently obtained a temporary 30 day license to try out the Total suite. I’m using the GroupDocs.Conversion API for Java to convert a docx document that has 3 tables and text embedded inside each table to a PDF document. I have noticed that the resulting PDF document only displays the first 5 to 6 rows of text from the original docx document and truncates the remaining text below. I have tried to convert the docx to an image and it returns the same results. The docx document is only 1 page in length.

I have tried to use the free online document converter found here: Online File Conversion | Free GroupDocs Apps and it returns all of the text found in the docx document.

I’m using groupdocs-conversion Java jar version 20.2.1.

Does anyone know the reason why i’m missing information in the converted PDF? Is it because I’m using a temporary license, so it only does the first x rows of text in tables? Would using a full license not have this issue?

Thanks!

1 Like

@vtam403,

Please share following details and we’ll investigate this issue:

• Problematic file
  • Sample code you wrote for conversation process

Hi @atirtahir3,

I have attached the problematic file and sample code below.

1. File: Order1.docx.zip (31.8 KB)

2. Code:

ConversionConfig conversionConfig = new ConversionConfig();
    conversionConfig.setStoragePath(wordFile.getAbsoluteFile().getPath());
    conversionConfig.setOutputPath(pdfFile.getAbsoluteFile().getPath());

ConversionHandler conversionHandler = new ConversionHandler(conversionConfig);
    PdfSaveOptions pdfSaveOptions = new PdfSaveOptions();
    String guid = wordFile.getAbsolutePath();
    ConvertedDocument convertedDocument = conversionHandler.convert(guid, pdfSaveOptions);
    convertedDocument.save(pdfFile.getAbsolutePath());

Thanks!

1 Like

@vtam403,

Please use following code to convert DOCX to PDF and let us know if you get right output:

Converter converter = new Converter(new FileInputStream("D:\\Order1.docx"));
PdfConvertOptions options = new PdfConvertOptions();  
converter.convert("D:\\converted.pdf", options);

This is the output.pdf (53.2 KB) PDF document and it’s same as the source document.

Hi @atirtahir3,

I used the code as suggested, but I’m still encountering the same issue. I have attached the output I got.

Which version of GroupDocs.Conversion are you using? I’m using com.groupdocs:groupdocs-conversion:20.2.1 from the https://repository.groupdocs.com/repo respository. Also, I’m running it from a Mac.

Order1.pdf (37.4 KB)

1 Like

@vtam403,

Please share your complete development environment details with us (e.g. OS version, IDE and its version, JRE/JDK installed).

Hi @atirtahir3,

I’m using the following:

• MacOS 10.15.3
  • IDE: IntelliJ 2019.3
  • JRE: java version “1.8.0_241”
  • Gradle 5.4.1
  • GroupDoocs repo: com.groupdocs:groupdocs-conversion:20.2.1

Thanks!

1 Like

@vtam403,

Thanks for the details. We’re now investigating this issue. Your investigation ticket ID is CONVERSIONJAVA-947. As there’s any further update, you’ll be notified.

Thanks @atirtahir3!

1 Like

@vtam403,

You’re welcome.