Converting STL files to HTML produces empty file

Converting the attached STL file to HTML produces a more or less empty file.
(Firefox display it as empty, Chrome renders some placeholder icon)
STL Problem.zip (1.8 MB)

The problem happens with GroupDocs.Viewer 23.1 using this conversion option:
var options = HtmlViewOptions.ForEmbeddedResources(“output_viewer{0}.html”);

The problem does not happen when using PdfViewOptions instead.
I’ve also atteched the output from HTML and PDF generation.

@Clemens_Pestuka

I’ve reproduced this issue. The issue is logged with ID VIEWERNET-4266. We will update you in case we have any new information.

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): VIEWERNET-4266

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka

This issue has been fixed. The fix included in 23.3 that is available at NuGet and Releases.

1 Like

@vladimir.litvinchik

Thanks a lot! I can confirm that the issue has been fixed.

Unfortunately there is another issue now…
I’m getting this exception when using GroupDocs.Viewer:

Could not load file or assembly ‘Aspose.CAD, Version=23.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

This only happens, when I use GroupDocs.Viewer (23.3) and GroupDocs.Conversion (23.3.1) in the same project.
GroupDocsProblem.zip (5.8 KB)

@Clemens_Pestuka

It’s because we’re using different versions of Aspose.CAD. The best solution would be GroupDocs.Total as it uses a single version of Aspose.CAD and includes both Viewer and Conversion APIs.

1 Like

@vladimir.litvinchik

Thanks for the hint.
In the end I can also check which version GroupDocs.Total includes and make sure I have the same ones.
image.png (11.0 KB)
So e.g. with GroupDocs.Total 23.3 I would still have the problem with STL files, as it does not include Viewer version 23.3.

@Clemens_Pestuka

Yes, GroupDocs.Total contains a bit older code, the latest release of GroupDocs.Total 23.3 includes code from GroupDocs.Viewer 23.1.

1 Like