Converting to PNG produces somehow corrupted results since 22.12

Converting any Office file to PNG, creates somehow corrupted results since Viewer version 22.12.
IrfanView could partially display the file:
image.png (51.1 KB)
(you can see that the right file is cut off at the bottom)

Firefox cannot display the file at all.
Windows Preview or Paint for example can view both files just fine.
PNG conversion issue.zip (135.9 KB)

Can you please check an let me know what caused this change and if this is a bug or a feature?
If it’s a feature, please give me as much details as possible about the change.
If it’s a bug I’ll probably have to escalate this, to get a fix soon.
Thanks.

@Clemens_Pestuka

I’m sorry for the delayed response. We’ll take a look and update you.

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka

I’ve tried to open both files and they opened without issues. Please share what OS you are using and target framework.

1 Like

@vladimir.litvinchik

It depends on the program. The files work for me as well, if opened in some programs.
Can you please try to open the files with Firefox?
I’m using Windows 10 and .NET Framework 4.7.2 in the project settings.

@Clemens_Pestuka

I can confirm that Firefox can’t open outputConversion_22.12.png. Can you please give a try our latest pre-release version - NuGet QA Gallery | GroupDocs.Viewer 23.3.0-alpha-20230331072809? I’ve just converted the document and could open the output in Firefox.

1 Like

@vladimir.litvinchik

Sorry for the late reply, I’m pretty short on time at the moment.
I tried to install the alpha version of GroupDocs.Viewer and GroupDocs.Conversion,
but the Conversion output still cannot be opened in Firefox for me.
image.png (11.4 KB)

The output from GroupDocs.Viewer is working, but it was also working before the alpha version.

@Clemens_Pestuka

I’ve moved your post to GroupDocs.Conversion category, my colleagues will try to help you.

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka

We cannot reproduce this issue using GroupDocs.Conversion for .NET 23.3.1. Please try to open this converted.jpg (83.9 KB) file in Firefox.

1 Like

@vladimir.litvinchik
Thank you and sorry for the confusion due to my mix-up of Conversion and Viewer.

@atir.tahir
Yes I can open the file you sent in Firefox, but the issue only happens with PNG files.
I also upgraded from the alpha version to 23.3.1 and the problem still persists.
Can you please try again with PNG as output type?

var imgOptions = new GroupDocs.Conversion.Options.Convert.ImageConvertOptions()
            {
                Format = Conv.FileTypes.ImageFileType.Png
            };
1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka

This issue is reproduced at our end. Therefore, we’ve logged it in our internal issue tracking system with ticket ID CONVERSIONNET-5952. You’ll be notified in case of any update.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CONVERSIONNET-5952) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by nikola.yankov