Counting number of changes when comparing two PDF files returns 0 using .NET

Dear Sirs,

I encountered a very strange issue with the GroupDocs.Comparison.GetChanges(). When comparing 2 PDFs that are very different (Graphically and text), GetChanges() comes back with a sizable array of ChangeInfo (e.g. 4 in my case).

However, when comparing 2 PDFs that have the same format but the text are slightly different, GetChanges() comes back with a Count() of 0.

I have attached several images (the source pdf, the target pdf, the result pdf, snippet of my code). I am using version of 17.2.0 of GroupDocs.Comparison.

Many thanks,

Danny

Hi Danny,

Thank you for giving a try to GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET API.

We are sorry to hear that you are facing such issue. We need to reproduce this issue at our end for detailed investigation, for this purpose we need your source and target files to verify both cases. Kindly share requested files with us and after reproducing issue at our end we can suggest you any solution.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Warm Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

Unfortunately, they are all .pdf files. I cannot post these on the forum due to the file extension is not allowed on this forum. Do you have an email I could send to?

Regards,

Danny

Don’t worry. I’ve send you 3 separate emails through the forum

Hi Danny,

We are sorry for the inconvenience, unfortunately i am unable to find any attachment in emails or in the forum. Kindly create a zip file of your source, target and sample code and attach the zipped file on this forum or upload the files on Dropbox and share its download link here .

Warm Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

Attached is the zip of the Controller code (stripped to just the ones you should need) along with the source, target and compared result pdfs.

Danny

Hi Danny,

Thank you for sharing details. we will investigate on this issue and will come back to you soon.

Warm Regards,

Hi Danny,

Thank you for being patient.

We are sorry for the inconvenience, we have successfully reproduced this issue at our end, I am logging this into our Issue Tracking System for the product team to investigate it further and for its solution. Once we get any update from product team we will update you here.

Warm Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for looking at this for me. My Trial period for GroupDocs is running out soon. As I found an issue with the product while testing, could I please have my trial extended as I’m still waiting for the fix?

Danny

Hi Danny,

Thank you for your inquiry,

We are sorry for the inconvenience, you can ask this question on the relevant forum " GroupDocs.Purchase" where relevant team will inform you more appropriately on this matter.

Have a great weekend ahead.

Warm Regards,

@danny.munyui.li

We are glad to inform you that your raised issue of GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET performance is resolved with latest API release. Please click here to get updated example code.

If you will need any help or you will have any other questions regarding GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET API please feel free to ask.