Custom pointer tool cursor - transparency

Hi Groupdocs,

When I upload my own custom pointer tool cursor, it loses the transparency information. I have tried png and ico formats (saving it with Gimp). Is there a way around this?

Kind regards,
Jereon

Hi Jereon,

Thanks for getting in touch.

In order to investigate this issue, could you please share the png/ico file that you’ve used.

Expecting your reply soon and looking forward to fixing this issue asap.

Best regards,
Vipin Thomas, GroupDocs Support

Hi GroupDocs,

The forum software does not allow me to attach files. So I’ll email it to support.

Best regards,
Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

Thank you for providing the necessary details.

Our devs have started investigating this. We will let you know the status by Monday.

Appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards,

Great to hear this. Thanks.

We will make sure to keep posting revelant feedback.

Best regards,
Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Our devs have fixed the transparency bug completely. Now it’s possible to use transparent ico/png files. However, we will be updating this fix in the next production release dated Octobrer 31st.

We once again thanking you for your feedback that helped us improve the UX. We expect the same in the future too.

Kind regards,

Hi Groupdocs,

Today I’ve tried to add transparent ico’s and png’s on realtime-apps groupdocs. But I cannot get it to work. Can you send me an example of a file with transparency that does work?

Kind regards,
Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Eventhough the transparent issue was fixed in the custom pointer tool, the fix was implemented only to our apps production server, not in the realtime-apps production server.
The dev team have updated the fix in realtime-apps production server too recently. So, you can now use the transparent files in the custom pointer tool.

Please get back to us if you need anything else.

Best regards,
Vipin Thomas, GroupDocs Support.