Document comparison crashes when comparing documents with bullet lists with specific styling

Hello!

We have two versions of an MS Word document that cause a crash when compared with GroupDocs.Comparison. The documents have a bullet list with a style called “Bullet list”. The style has the same name in both documents, but the settings for the style differs. If I change the style of the bullet list the comparison works as expected.

SOP18.docx (105.4 KB)
SOP28.docx (105.2 KB)

I get the following exception details when comparing the documents:

HResult=0x80131600
Message=Error occurred while converting document.
Source=GroupDocs.Comparison
StackTrace:
 at .(List`1 , CompareOptions ,  ,  , Int32 )
 at .(Int32 )
 at .()
 at .SaveDocument(Stream , Document , Document , SaveOptions )
 at GroupDocs.Comparison.Comparer.(Stream , SaveOptions )
 at GroupDocs.Comparison.Comparer.Compare(Stream document, SaveOptions saveOptions, CompareOptions compareOptions)

The exception was caused by running the following code with GroupDocs.Comparison 24.1.0 in a .NET 6.0 console application on a Windows 11 machine:

using var comparer = new Comparer(loadPath1);
comparer.Add(loadPath2);
comparer.Compare(outputPath);

We get no results when comparing the same documents in the online tool:

I suppose this is because of the same crash

1 Like

@lars.olsson
This issue is reproduced at our end. Therefore, we have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): COMPARISONNET-3870

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as COMPARISONNET-3870) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by anton.samarskyy