Document Comparison Requires Document Viewer?

Hi,

I got the comparison code executing and see the Result File generating the comparison on disk space. However, it doesn’t automatically show viewer displaying the Result File. Is this by design? Do I need to apply the Viewer code to show the comparison document that has been generated? I got the impression that the comparison code would automatically output viewer to show the redlining.

Hello tranzformerz,

By default GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET works as you described - it shows the resulted file (“RedLine.docx” in your case) in the browser right after when comparison was finished. It also provides additional tools which allow you to navigate through differences and so on.

Please refer to the article “How to use GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET in WebForms Application Project” if you have difficulties with GroupDocs.Comparison.

If this will not help, please post your source code which you use.

When you say “it shows the resulted file (“RedLine.docx” in your case) in the browser right after when comparison was finished.” that’s not the case for me. I get a blank page and see the RedLine.docx on disk. Are you saying that the example code should automatically use viewer to show the RedLine.docx?

Thanks

In reference to How to use GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET in WebForms Application Project as you provided, the example does not include viewer integrated with comparison. After comparison generates the file, can the file be immediately viewed “on the same page” using viewer?

Thanks

Hello tranzformerz,

We are sorry to hear that you have this issue.

1. “I get a blank page and see the RedLine.docx on disk” - in that case there is an error somewhere. Please give us two things: 1) part of your source code that is related to the GroupDocs.Comparison 2) screenshot of the request/response scanner (a “Net” tab in the most of browsers) on the page where GroupDocs.Comparison widget is situated (maybe some requests cannot be performed).

2. “After comparison generates the file, can the file be immediately viewed “on the same page” using viewer?” - actually, this is a standard behaviour. Please take a look at this web-page https://www.groupdocs.app/ - it contains a standard code from the “sample demo” project and shows the output document. That’s how it should working. Maybe, I didn’t understood you correctly, in that case - I’m sorry, please specify your requirement in more detail.

If you will have more questions please feel free to contact us.