Document conversion are hanging in 24.1 Version of groupdocs conversion

@sandeepsuthari

Please spare us some time to complete the investigation. Your investigation ticket ID is CONVERSIONJAVA-2294.

HI @atir.tahir do we have any update on this ?

@sandeepsuthari

This issue is still under investigation.

HI @atir.tahir we dont have much time for this could you please help us in involving your DEV team over a call so that this can resolved faster.

@sandeepsuthari

Please note that your ticket status is already set to enterprise support. We already have escalated this issue.

A post was split to a new topic: Document conversion is hanging using Java

Hi @sandeepsuthari
Did you try this build (I shared it today 30.04.2024): groupdocs-conversion-24.3.jar - Google Drive
?
It will help to understand your server directory structure (you should share the log) and I hope find the cause of the bug.
Best regards.

Hi @vsevolod.orefin
I have shared the stacktrace of exception in our task ticket which I am getting because of new jar.

@sandeepsuthari can you please share the log, not stacktrace?

Hi @vsevolod.orefin
I am getting this trace , not any logs

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class com.groupdocs.conversion.utils.common.FontsHelper (in unnamed module @0x2dcb9b3c) cannot access class com.sun.org.slf4j.internal.LoggerFactory (in module java.xml.crypto) because module java.xml.crypto does not export com.sun.org.slf4j.internal to unnamed module @0x2dcb9b3c
at com.groupdocs.conversion.utils.common.FontsHelper.(Unknown Source)
at com.groupdocs.conversion.pipeline.a.a(Unknown Source)
at com.groupdocs.conversion.b.cf(Unknown Source)
at com.groupdocs.conversion.b.convert(Unknown Source)
at com.groupdocs.conversion.Converter.convert(Unknown Source)
at com.groupdocs.conversion.Converter.convert(Unknown Source)
at com.snc.documentconversion.groupdocs.GroupDocsConverter.convertToPdfAsFilePath(GroupDocsConverter.java:102)
at com.snc.documentconversion.groupdocs.GroupDocsConverter.convert(GroupDocsConverter.java:59)
at com.snc.documentconversion.groupdocs.GroupDocsConverter$Proxy$_$$WeldClientProxy.convert(Unknown Source)
at com.snc.documentconversion.ConversionHandler.handleConversionRequest(ConversionHandler.java:91)
at com.snc.documentconversion.ConversionHandler$Proxy$
$$_WeldClientProxy.handleConversionRequest(Unknown Source)
at com.snc.documentconversion.service.ConverterServlet.doPost(ConverterServlet.java:85)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:515)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:583)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:212)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:156)
at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:51)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:181)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:156)
at com.snc.commons.servlet.security.AuthenticationFilter.doHttpFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java:92)
at com.snc.commons.servlet.security.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java:62)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:181)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:168)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:90)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:483)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:130)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:93)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AbstractAccessLogValve.invoke(AbstractAccessLogValve.java:679)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:74)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:342)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.service(Http11Processor.java:617)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessorLight.process(AbstractProcessorLight.java:63)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:934)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1698)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:52)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1191)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:659)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)

You should include these dependencies into your project for logging:

<dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.logging.log4j</groupId>
            <artifactId>log4j-api</artifactId>
            <version>2.7</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <artifactId>log4j-core</artifactId>
            <version>2.7</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <artifactId>log4j-slf4j-impl</artifactId>
            <version>2.7</version>
        </dependency>

Has this issue been resolved?

It also works fine for me when running locally (spring boot app on windows laptop). However, it fails when deployed to kubernetes (on ubuntu) using same code. Switching to version 22.8.1 from 24.6 fixed the issue.

This problem is concerning because we’re still evaluating the library for purchase.

I will prepare a little test application today or tomorrow for deploying into kubernetes to test what is wrong.

Please find here a jar bug1262maven-1.0-SNAPSHOT-jar-with-dependencies.jar - Google Drive
Run it please in your kubernetes environment and attach the output. Please run it from your application directory.
java -jar bug1262maven-1.0-SNAPSHOT-jar-with-dependencies.jar .

Sorry for the delay, but I didn’t get a notification…happened to see this today. There is no “application” directory. Our image has an “app” directory and the output is below:

/app/./libs
/app/./classes
/app/./classes/templates
/app/./classes/images
/app/./classes/com
/app/./classes/com/company1
/app/./classes/com/company1/names
/app/./classes/com/company1/names/destination
/app/./classes/com/company1/names/destination/fixture
/app/./resources
/app/./resources/templates
/app/./resources/images
/app/./resources/com
/app/./resources/com/company1
/app/./resources/com/company1/names
/app/./resources/com/company1/names/destination
/app/./resources/com/company1/names/destination/fixture

Thank you for your feedback @jayleggett , I will explore it

@sandeepsuthari can you share problematic docer image?

eclipse-temurin:17-jre-jammy is used as the base image

Do you have may be a Dockerfile? You can modify it to don’t share sencsetive information.

No, I don’t have one I can share. I’ll see if I can find one that’s similar.