Document recognition and search, valid use-case?

Hello,

we are interested in your products. Before trying out I would like to know if our needs is a valid use case for the search application.

We have tons of rental contracts. Now I want to extract key facts from those contracts. (Duration, rent per square meter,…). My idea was to search for keywoards and get the word after (So example search for : “the contract has a duration of XXX” and get the XXX to have the duration.

Is this a valid use case?
If yes, how about parsing tables. So that I search for value “rent / sqm” and get the value on the right side of the table.

Thank you very much.

@twindberg,

There are number of search operations including but not limited to:

• Numeric range search - Perform numeric search i-e searching a certain range of numbers within the index.
  • Date range search - Search in the range between two dates
  • Exact phrase search - API allows you to search the documents by exact phrase

Can you please further elaborate this? Do you mean, when you search rent, API must fetch all rent details from all the documents?
Please specify your development platform (Java or .NET). So that we can guide you accordingly.

@atirtahir3
Thanks for your fast reply.

About the table. We have informations listed as a table in a word document for example:

duration | 3 Years
Rent / sqm² | 14,50€

Now when you OCR those tables I often had a problem, dass the 3 years doesn’t get parsed behind duration instead it will first parse the left side of the table (duration, rent/sqm) and then the values. So when you look into the OCR you won’t find the 3 years behind the duration. Instead you will find it at the end.

Developing platform will be C# .NET

@twindberg,

Please go through search query syntax and search operations articles. You can use OR operation in search because this operation is used to find documents which contain left query, or right query, or both.
So you can search like this “3 years OR years 3”. We do have open source example project for you. Please download and explore the search operations.

Document recognition and search can be valuable tools for many industries and use cases. Smart Engines smartengines.com is a great resource for learning more about this technology and how it can be applied.
For example, businesses can use document recognition and search to automate tedious tasks like data entry and document.
The potential benefits of document recognition and search are significant, and it’s definitely worth exploring how it could be applied in different contexts.

@AnnaConways

Agreed. If you have a specific use-case for GroupDocs.Search API in mind, please let us know.