Document viewer API only Renders the Deleted Folder of a PST File in .NET

I have been testing the rendering of a PST file by the Group Docs Viewer and it can only render the "Deleted Items " folder, and items within it.

I have a simple test using a PST file produced by my Outlook 2016 install with a single email in its Inbox Folder.

I have also run the pst file through the free web api but it also does not find anything. Not even the deleted folder.

Am I missing something or is this a defect in the Group Docs Viewer?

The source code is bellow - is is using GroupDocs Total 21.9

[TestMethod]
    public void TestPst()
    {
        FileLogger fileLogger = new FileLogger("./output.log");
        LoadOptions loadOptions = new LoadOptions();          
        ViewerSettings settings = new ViewerSettings(fileLogger);

using (GroupDocs.Viewer.Viewer viewer = new GroupDocs.Viewer.Viewer("test.pst", loadOptions, settings))
        {
            ViewOptions viewOptions = HtmlViewOptions.ForEmbeddedResources("./result_{0}.html");
            viewer.View(viewOptions);
        }
    }

@steven.towler

Thank you for your interest in GroupDocs.Viewer. Can you please share the file that you’re using for testing?

Attached is the file I was using for testing. It is in the zip to get past the upload restrictions.

test.zip (21.5 KB)

@steven.towler

Thank you for attaching the sample file as it helped to reproduce and fix the issue. The fix will be included in

• GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET 21.9 that is planned to release by the end of this week;
  • GroupDocs.Total for .NET 21.10 - beginning of October.

The expected output.html.zip (25.2 KB) is the following .

@steven.towler

GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET v21.9 that includes fix for this issue has been published. You can find the new version at

Have a nice day!