Document Viewer API response with a +10x bigger file in Java

Viewer answer a 71.8 MB for I file that has just 5.14MB, and there is a duplicated call for GET /loadDocumentPage.

Suggestion: GET /loadThumbnails answer the same as GET /loadDocumentPage, should it not answer an optimized file, since it is not required an image with high quality to be shown in the thumbnails?

Screenshot: viewer-answer-big-file.jpg (345.2 KB)
File: lake.jpg - I shared a Google Drive folder because when I was uploading the file by the forum, it was uploading an optimized file not the real one
Git project: GitHub - groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-Java: GroupDocs.Viewer for Java examples, plugins and showcase
Git branch: master
Git revision: ffbe94e6
Browser: Chrome Version 92.0.4515.159 (Official Build) (64-bit)
SO: Windows 10
Java version: 1.8.0_281
viewer-answer-big-file.jpg (345 KB)

@john.mcqueide

We’ll investigate this issue and notify you about the outcomes.

@john.mcqueide

We’ve reproduced all three issues you’ve reported and created related tickets in our internal bug-tracker:

• VIEWERNET-3494 - output size when converting Jpeg to Html
  • VIEWERNET-3495 - duplicate loadDocumentPage requests when opening a file
  • VIEWERNET-3497 - /loadThumbnails is the same as /loadDocumentPage

We’ll notify you here when we have any updates for this issues.

1 Like

@john.mcqueide

The issues VIEWERNET-3495 and VIEWERNET-3497 have been fixed.
You can pull the latest version of the demo you’re running from GitHub - groupdocs-total/GroupDocs.Total-Angular: Angular based UI for GroupDocs Products or update @groupdocs.examples.angular/viewer to the latest by running

• npm install '@groupdocs.examples.angular/viewer' or
  • npm install '@groupdocs.examples.angular/viewer' --legacy-peer-deps in case you’re using NPM 7 to ignore peer dependencies.
1 Like

@john.mcqueide

GroupDocs.Viewer for Java v21.11 that includes fix for this issue has been published. You can find the new version at

Have a nice day!

1 Like