DOCX and PPT do not render correctly in IE

Hi

we have raised some issues in post 12921. unfortunately the issue still persist for us.
Please use sample.ppt, demo.docx. and sample.xlsx provided in your sample.

issues found in Groupdocs sample document are:
sample.ppt : Font colour turns to black for first slide, zooming incorrect.(UseFitToWidth = true).

demo.docx: High-lighted mark, font background incorrect.

sample.xlsx: Font colour black while actual colour is red.

PFA for screenshot.

Please let us know if there is some specific setting which we do need to set according to v3.4

Thanks
Puneet Rajak

Hi Puneet,

Thanks for posting detailed query.

We apologize for inconvenience. We are investigating your issues and shall get back to you shortly. Please stay tuned.

Warm Regards

Hi Puneet,

I am posting inline response against each of your raised issues.

sample.ppt : Font colour turns to black for first slide, zooming incorrect.(UseFitToWidth = true).

I am unable to reproduce this issue. Screenshot is attached.

demo.docx: High-lighted mark, font background incorrect.

I am unable to reproduce this issue. Screenshot is attached.

I successfully reproduced this issue at our end and once we have any update on it, we will notify you.

Please note that there is no specific settings for v3.4.0. It will be used in the same way as previous (3.x) versions were used.
If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Have a nice day.

Warm Regards

Hi Usman,

Thanks for replicating/raising 1 issue and investigating other 2.

Though we are still able to reproduce other 2 issues with your sample solution.
the issue is font getting too big when loading for ppt front page and highlighted yellow color, background black colour of demo.docx appear at some different place.

There is nothing more changes made in sample code from our side.

details are listed:
browser = IE11(v11.420.10586.0)
Source Code Location: Sample Solution
viewer config setting:
$(function () {
var viewerSyle = {
ScrollView: 1,
DoublePageFlip: 2,
OnePageInRow: 3,
TwoPagesInRow: 4,
CoverThenTwoPagesInRow: 5
};
$(’#viewerHtmlDiv’).groupdocsViewer({
//filePath: ‘http://groupdocs.com/images/banner/carousel2/signature.png’,
filePath: ‘demo.docx’,
zoomToFitWidth: true,
//zoomToFitHeight: true,
showFolderBrowser: true,
showHeader: true,
showPaging: true,
showThumbnails: true,
UseInnerThumbnails: true,
showZoom: true,
width: 900,
height: 900,
isResourcesEmbedded:true,
useHtmlBasedEngine: true,
showDownload: true,
downloadPdfFile: true,
showPrint: true,
preloadPagesCount: 1,
usePdfPrinting: true
//supportPageRotation: true
});
});

Cache: useCache= true; browser cache clean each time before viewer execution.

Please let us know what changes require to fix this issue or if some files updated from your sample code location which contain respective changes.

Thanks,
Puneet Rajak

Hi Puneet,

Thanks for providing us the details.

I have investigated your issues deeply and found that they are specific to IE and front end application. The back-end GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET API renders the files into html correctly and the content only gets disturbed when it is loaded in viewer in front end application.

Therefore, I have logged both of your issues on GitHub. Please follow the below links for further updates related to each issue.

If you have any confusion, please feel free to ask.

Warm Regards

Hi Usman,

we are using Groupdocs front end UI in our application.
please also let me know any reference for your raised GitHub issue so we could also follow that and share with our customer.
Also let us know when you are expecting to provide fixes of these issue.

Thanks
Puneet Rajak

Hi Puneet,

I am afraid that currently, we don’t have any updates regarding your reported issue. You can also follow the below links for updates. Also, you can feel free to post your comments there.

If there is any confusions, please let us know.

Warm Regards

Hi Puneet,

A new thread has been created for the following issue:

The reason is because the issue is back-end related and other mentioned issues are Front End/UI related. So these issues has been logged in different issue tracking systems. Finally, to keep the things transparent and to avoid any confusion, we split the back-end related issue in another thread. The front end related issues would be addressed here in this(current) thread.

Thanks

Hi Puneet,

Your reported issue, logged on GitHub as https://github.com/groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET/issues/47, has been fixed in ASP.NET_WebForm_Front_End. Please download the latest source code from GitHub.

Warm Regards

Hi Puneet,

Your reported issue, logged on GitHub as https://github.com/groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET/issues/46, has been fixed in ASP.NET_WebForm_Front_End. Please download the latest source code from GitHub.

Warm Regards