Docx searching problem

In groupdocs viewer(latest version , .net), I want to view a docx file. This is a simple docx file with a table created within. When I type a letter into search box, the cells that do not include that letter disappear. When I delete that letter, they don’t come back.

@Kuropetti

Can you please share a sample DOCX that you’re using and what project you’re running?

bcfb641f-4a3d-4248-b771-400bab9c77f6.docx (13.0 KB)

I am using an .net5 & angular project.

@Kuropetti

Thank you for attaching the file. Unfortunately, I can’t reproduce the issue, see image.png (61.0 KB). Can you please share which version of Angular UI you’re using?

image.png (29.9 KB)

Is this image enough , or you need something else?

@Kuropetti

Yes, thank you. Please try updating @groupdocs.examples.angular/viewer to the latest version 0.8.104. It contains a couple of fixes related to the search feature and should fix the issue you have faced.

Updated but couldnt help. Can you please test this document. I gues problem is related with this type of documents. There are cells including words start with <>. For example first line <DOC_KODU> , if you search a letter except d, beginning of the cell will disappear. but nothing happens at second column cells.
image.png (778 Bayt)

image.png (2.8 KB)

This error also happens at your demo mvc project.
c32cffbf-b15c-4af1-b822-34a687ee06c4.docx (14.4 KB)

@Kuropetti

I have reproduced and located the issue. As soon as we have updates we’ll let you know. The issue ID in our internal bug tracker is VIEWERNET-4539.

Hi,
Is there any progress on the issue?

@Kuropetti

We have already located the issue and still haven’t found a solution. As soon as we have any new information we’ll let you know.

@Kuropetti

This issue was fixed - search-for-oc-entry.png (103.9 KB).
To apply the fix please update @groupdocs.examples.angular/viewer to the latest version 0.8.105.

1 Like