Does Groupdoc viewer - document tracking

Does Groupdoc viewer provides document tracking e.g. time spen, page views etc.

@anupmiet,

Thanks for contacting support.

I am afraid that GroupDocs.Viewer doesn’t provide the feature for document tracking (page views or time span). In case you would have any other question, please feel free to let us know.

Hey Usman - Thanks for reply.

If i just need time spend in the document. Can i track it by any mean. For example load/unload time difference of .net page where viewer is embeded.

The second question is that can i handle this my side by converting the pdf pages in the HTML and then track page viewing.

Also please let me know if developer small business license will allow embedding viewer in web site.

@anupmiet,

Thanks for coming back to us.

Yes, you can implement the feature of calculating time spent on a particular document on your own in your application. In fact, GroupDocs.Viewer is a back-end API that allows you to render the document pages in the form that can be easily displayed in your front end application. It is important to inform you that the API doesn’t contain any built-in UI control which can be embedded in your application. You will have to create your own UI control to view the rendered document pages.

The API provides two ways to render the document:

• HTML based rendering: In HTML based rendering, the API generates the HTML representation of each page of the source document. You can easily manipulate the HTML content of each page and save it as an HTML file.
  • Image-based rendering: In image-based rendering, the API converts each page of the document into an image (PNG, JPEG or BMP). You can easily save the image to your desired location and display it in your application to view the content of the document.

After you have loaded the rendered HTML pages or images in the application (for example in the browser for a web application) you can calculate the time spent on a particular document.

We have created a separate topic for this query in GroupDocs.Purchase category. Please follow this for further updates.