Does GroupDocs.Viewer support parallel conversion of pages in .NET?

I was wondering if it is somehow possible to convert multiple pages of the same document in parallel using the same viewer instance across multiple threads.
We would need this for all supported document formats and target HTML as output format.

Unfortunately my attempts were failing.
E.g. ‘Could not load file. File is corrupted or damaged.’ exception was thrown, unless I let the first thread (for page1) finish before starting the others.
But that also did not really help much, as I got “Linked list is invalid state.” or “Object is not in the list.” (unhandled) exceptions.

So should this somehow be working?

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka

We are investigating this use-case. Your invesigation ticket ID is VIEWERNET-2718. We’ll update you in case of any progress.

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka

We’ve an update on VIEWERNET-2718.

Unfortunately, it is not possible. You have to create multiple instances of Viewer to speed up the processing but eventually it’ll consume resources (e.g. processor, time and memory).
Do let us know if you face performance issues.

1 Like

@atirtahir3

Thank you for clarification!

There is no real issue at the moment, we are just trying to improve performance in general and it would have been good to be able to convert multiple pages at once, without the overhead of creating Viewer instances and loading the document for each thread.

@Clemens_Pestuka

You’re welcome.