DWG and DXF Viewer support in C# .NET

Hi guys,
Could you explain how DWG and DXF support works?
I need to know if GroupDocs Viewer can view all DWG/DXF file versions or a specific version (2004, etc.).

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD-drawing-file-format.html

Another question: How about PLT support?

Thanks!
Fermin Piccolo

@fpiccolo,

Thanks for taking interest in GroupDocs.Viewer. Please mention the platform of the API (.NET, Java, Cloud) you are interested in so that we can entertain you accordingly. We look forward to hearing from your side.

Hi,
The platform is .NET.
Thanks,
Fermin

@fpiccolo,

Thanks for your response. The following versions of DWG and DXF file formats are supported by GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET.

• DXF (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007)
  • DWG (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)

To see the supported file formats list, please visit this documentation article. Furthermore, we apologize that, currently, GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET does not support PLT file format. However, I am creating a New Feature request in our internal Issue Tracking System to check if the support of this format can be added to the roadmap. In case of any updates, we’ll keep you informed.

Hi Aziz,
Thank you for your prompt response!
Now I waiting at another thread for answers about .net Conversion´s library support for conversion from DWG/DXF to PDF/Images.

Have a nice day!
Best Regards,

@fpiccolo,

Thanks for your response. The support representative will surely entertain your query about GroupDocs.Conversion. Furthermore, if possible, would you please provide us the sample PLT file for our reference? We shall be looking forward to your response.

Hi @usman.aziz,
Here is some PLT files downloaded from the internet - i can´t send PLT files from my customers. I´m sorry.
Please, check the possibility to bring this file type´s support into GroupDocs. Would be very nice to count on that.

Thanks a lot.
Regards, PLT_Samples.zip (202.3 KB)

@fpiccolo,

Thanks for providing the sample files. In case we have any further updates, we’ll notify you here.

(As a side note, if you are required to share any confidential information or documents then please don’t forget to make the topic “Private”. The private topics are only accessible by the creator of the topic and the GroupDocs staff members. Rest assured, the Privacy Policy is applied to the personal information of the customers.)

@fpiccolo,

PLT, HPG formats are now supported in 20.4 version of the API.