DWG to PDF conversion - output is blank in .NET

I have a simple dwg file and am attempting to convert it to a PDF. Using both the free online version, and the .Net C# trial package from NuGet, I get a blank PDF document.

I’ve also tried converting it to jpeg with no luck. I’ve also tried multiple source dwg files.

1 Like

@kevonh

We cannot reproduce this issue at our end using latest API version and the free web app. Please have a look at these files.zip (25.7 KB) and share following details, we’ll then look into this issue:

• API version that you are using
  • Sample code/application
  • Source/problematic file(s)

SPE-ROYAL-R232022-A.zip (328.0 KB)

Please try with attached file.
package from nuget: GroupDocs.Conversion 21.5.0
Code:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using GroupDocs.Conversion;
using GroupDocs.Conversion.Options.Convert;

namespace FileConverter
{
    class Program
    {
        private static string sourceDrawing = @"drawing.dwg";
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            GroupDocs();
        }

private static void GroupDocs()
        {
            using (Converter converter = new Converter(sourceDrawing))
            {
                PdfConvertOptions options = new PdfConvertOptions();
                converter.Convert("converted.pdf", options);
            }
        }
    }
}
1 Like

@kevonh

This issue is reproduced at our end using the provided DWG. Hence, we’ve logged it in our internal issue tracking system with ID CONVERSIONNET-4712. It’ll be now further investigated. You’ll be notified as there’s any progress update.

Is it possible to get an idea on when this issue will be addressed? I have a customer waiting for a solution, and depending on your timeline, I may need to investigate a different path.

1 Like

@kevonh

We’re still investigating this issue. You’ll be notified about the outcomes ASAP.

Would this be treated with higher priority if this were reported by a paid account?

1 Like

@kevonh

All free support issues (paid or unpaid users) are handled on first come first served basis. However, in order to expedite the issue, you have to avail paid support or priority support.