"Error! Bar code generator is not set." rendered instead of actual QR code in .NET

Using GroupDocs.Viewer 21.10 with the attached file and below code, just renders “Error! Bar code generator is not set.” instead of the actual QR code.

using (var viewer = new Viewer(documentPath))
{                
	var options = HtmlViewOptions.ForEmbeddedResources("output_viewer{0}.html");
	viewer.View(options);
}

QRCode not rendered.zip (35.1 KB)

With GroupDocs.Conversion the barcode is rendered properly. Do I have to explicitly set a barcode generator for GroupDocs.Viewer?

@Clemens_Pestuka

We’ve reproduced this issue on our side. GroupDocs.Viewer does not support rendering QR-code fields. We have created a new ticket with ID VIEWERNET-3681 in our bug tracker to investigate this feature. We’ll notify you here in case of any updates.

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka

The support for rendering QR codes has been added in v21.11:

The new version is available at:

Have a nice day!

1 Like

@vladimir.litvinchik

Thanks a lot for adding this feature so quickly!
This is really awesome :grinning:

I have to add one little thing though.
As I already reported for GroupDocs.Conversion, the barcode with the original size is pretty small.

image.png (59.1 KB)

If you compare it with output from word, the “small” normal sized barcode has 104 pixels, while the 200% “big” QR code has 208 pixels → 200% the size.
The GroupDocs output of the “big” 200% barcode is pretty close to that with 197 pixels, but the “small” QR code with 100% size is only 57 pixels and not 98 or 99 pixels.
Maybe this will be fixed with the other reported issue anyway, I just want to make sure you are aware of it.

@Clemens_Pestuka

You’re welcome!

We’ll investigate the issue with QR code size in QR Code Size is Smaller when Comparing Word Files in C#.

1 Like