Error on comparing PPT - com.groupdocs.comparison.common.exceptions.slidesexceptions.ConvertToPresentationException: Error occurred while converting document

I am getting the following exception when comparing two ppt’s

com.groupdocs.comparison.common.exceptions.slidesexceptions.ConvertToPresentationException: Error occurred while converting document.

The error occurs only when I apply license. If i do not apply license, the comparison works fine with evaluation copy

1 Like

@madank

Please share following details:

• API version that you are using (e.g. 20.10, 21.6)
  • Sample/comparison code to reproduce the issue
  • Problematic files (source and target)
  • License file in a private message

Here are the details:

API Version : 21.6.1

Sample Code:

License lic = new License();
lic.setLicense(System.getProperty([path to licesnse file].toString());

//Add settings
CompareOptions options = new CompareOptions();
options.setExtendedSummaryPage(true);
options.setCompareVariableProperty(true); // to activate the comparison of variable properties in word
options.setCompareDocumentProperty(true); // to activate the comparison of built and custom properties in word
options.setShowRevisions(true); // enable revisions
options.setCompareBookmarks(true); // compare bookmarks in word
options.setDetectStyleChanges(true); //enable style changes
options.setDetalisationLevel(DetalisationLevel.High); // detail logging to high
options.setGenerateSummaryPage(true); // add summary page with detected changes statistics to resultant document

//Compare Docs
comparer.compare(resPath,options);

//Get List of changes
ChangeInfo[] changes = comparer.getChanges();
System.out.println("Count of changes: " + changes.length);

Problematic Files: Cant attach ppt file because upload is not supported. Attaching images instead
slide-1_ppt1.jpg (13.1 KB)
slide-1_ppt2.jpg (12.6 KB)

1 Like

@madank

Please compress the source and target Slides to a ZIP and then Upload the ZIP file here.

Here it is.

Data.zip (336.9 KB)

@madank

We get same exception when we compare the provided PPTX files in Java. Therefore, we’ve logged this issue in our internal issue tracking system with ID COMPARISONJAVA-1299. It’ll be now further investigated. We’ll notify you in case of any update.