Error on Viewer object within Application_Start() in my Global.asax.cs

This is my first time using GroupDoc.Viewer for viewing files and documents on my asp.net mvc application. I have already successfully downloaded and installed the GroupDoc.Viewer.dll into my project using the Manage NuGet Packages in the visual studio and after that I can already see the GroupDocs.Viewer on my project references. So by following the steps from this article

http://www.groupdocs.com/docs/display/viewernet/How+to+use+GroupDocs.Viewer+for+.NET+in+an+ASP.NET+MVC+Project

I encountered an error in my Global.asax.cs within the Application_Start() method and they are highlighting the Viewer object with blue line. I have also attached a screenshot on my Global.asax.cs file so you can clearly see the errors I’ve got. Please advise thanks.

Hi Timaverick21,

Thanks for taking interest in GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET.

You are getting this issue because of adding reference of next generation GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET API with the code of a legacy version which is obsolete now.

We would like to inform you that next generation GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET (starting from v3.0.0) is a back-end document processing API which can be integrated with a variety of .NET applications without any dependency. The API is capable of rendering supported document formats into HTML pages or images. You can create your own front end application to view these rendered HTML pages or images.

We have developed some open source document viewer applications to demonstrate the core features of the API. You can feel free to download, use and modify these applications according to your requirements. Listed below are the open source document viewer applications.

If you want to evaluate all the features of GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET then please download the source code examples. Listed below are some useful resources for you to quickly get started with GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET.

In case of any confusion, please feel free to contact us again.

Warm Regards