Error: "Unable to create an instance of the document" when try to open .pptx PP 2013

Hi,

I get the error: “Unable to create an instance of the document. The format of the document is unsoported or the document is corrupted” when try to open in the viewer a .pptx file created in PowerPoint 2013 (in 2010 it doesn´t happend).

How can I solve that? Can you reproduce that?

Thank you.

Hello Alexis,

We are sorry to hear that you have this issue.

Please, send us this document or any other sample PPTX 2013 document which cannot be opened using the GroupDocs.Viewer. We will reproduce this issue and will investigate is it possible to fix this issue and if yes, how much time it takes.

If this document has confidential content, you can switch this forum thread to the private mode, so only you and GroupDocs staff will be able to see it.

Thanks and waiting for the document.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WEB-1220) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by GroupDocs Notifier.

Hello Denis,

I send you an email with the example file (because in the forum I get the message “You do not have permission to upload or link to files. Please contact your system administrator.”)

Thanks and waiting for your response.

Hello Alexis,

Thank you for the document, we’ve obtained and reviewed it. You are right, GroupDocs.Viewer cannot display it in neither image-based nor HTML-based mode. Document was sent to the developers, we will notify you when this issue will be fixed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Do you have any news about that?

Thank you.

Hello Alexis,

We are sorry, but our developers still are working on this. We will notify you in this forum thread, when it will be fixed.

Matrix index out of range

Hello Alexis,

We are very sorry for misleading you. This bug is not fixed yet, and its presence in the “Bugs Fixed” list in mistake, which was done by accident. Our developers are still working on it, bug is opened.

Has this bug been fixed already? I’m testing trial version and I get this error in some files.

Hello,

Thank you for the request. Yes, this issue should be fixed in the Viewer 2.14.0. Please try to use this latest version of the Viewer (don’t forget to clean/rebuild your solution)

Best regards.

Thanks, it helped, I had some older version of the Viewer.

Hello,

Glad to hear that.

Best regards.