Error when text redaction in PDF using Java

HI:
We got a problem when doing some desensitization test on different platform, here are the deatiled information :

1. The test function case is : CreateCustomFormatHandler
2. We use the test file provided by the test case and the file name is "sample.pdf"
3. The test algorithm is : replacement

We got no problem on X86 platform(PS Windows OS), while we got a problem on ARM platform(PS Linux OS), the error information is here :

[**status:Failed err:com.groupdocs.redaction.internal.c.a.pd.internal.ms.System.av: Format of font "Symbol" is not supported for new composite fonts**]

Can anyone help us to explain and solve this problem? Thanks alot.

Here are the detaild information of the testing platform :

openjdk version “1.8.0_252”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_252-8u252-b09-1~deb9u1-b09)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.252-b09, mixed mode)

uname -a
Linux aecffd3d62e8 4.4.131-20190505.kylin.server-generic #kylin SMP Mon May 6 14:34:13 CST 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Redaction package :
GroupDocs.Redaction_20.11-Java.zip

The test case :
GroupDocs.Redaction-for-Java-master

1 Like

@402357137

We’re investigating this issue at our end. Your investigation ticket ID is REDACTIONJAVA-125. You’ll be notified in case of any update.

Please let us know if there is any update. Thanks alot.

@402357137

This issue is still under investigation. Please note that all free support issues are assisted on first come first served basis. However, we’ll notify you as there’s any progress update.

Hi, could I please get an update on the status of this issue?
Is there any estimation when this will be fixed?

@402357137

It’s been observed that the issue is environment specific. Could you please install the missing fonts? If it doesn’t help, let us know.

Thank you very much, it’s okay

@402357137

You are welcome.

Hi I am also facing the issue any package u recommend to install fonts?

I am able to solve this problem by installing msttcorefonts package as suggested here [1].

[1] .NET Standard 2.0 API Limitations | Documentation

@shiva.k

Good to know that the issue is resolved.