Free Support Forum -

ETA needed on the next official release with performance fix for .doc files



Back in February of this year our performance testers have reported a degradation in loading time for .doc files, while testing version 2.7 of the .NET Viewer (see the private thread for details)

Since then, we’ve been told on a couple of occasions that the GroupDocs are “waiting for the newest version of this internal component with fixed performance issue”.

We are now up to version 2.12 of the library, and are still waiting for the internal component to be fixed.

We would prefer to update our libraries to the official releases, as opposed to custom ‘special’ builds…

Could you please provide the (rough, if necessary) ETA on when the performance issue reported back in February will be finally addressed?



Hello Greg,

Thanks for being patient. Regarding your issue with performance, our product team has completed the work on your issue and has come to a conclusion that they won’t be able to implement the fix to your issue. Unfortunately, yes, the version 2.12.0 is a bit slower than the old version. This is because we develop and improve GroupDocs.Viewer API constantly, we add new features and improvements and the performance can change. Currently we can’t increase the performance because there are no bottlenecks performance issues in API. So, your issue will be closed with ‘Won’t Fix’ resolution.

The only way is to build the new version with old API but in this case all new features and fixes will be lost.

Also we are happy to announce that we are working on a completely new version of the viewer, which will try to consider all the problems. But unfortunately we can share the release date because it will be absolutely new Viewer and we develop it from scratch.

Best regards.