ExactPhraseRedaction in Arabic document

I have a PDF written in Arabic and I want to apply text redaction to it, but it is not being redacted.

here is the code I am using;

public static async Task RedactDocumentAsync(string inputFilePath)
    {
        try
        {
            //set redaction policy
            RedactionPolicy redactionPolicy = new RedactionPolicy(new GroupDocs.Redaction.Redaction[]
            {
               new ExactPhraseRedaction("دراسة", new ReplacementOptions(Color.Black))
            });

Redactor redactor = new Redactor(inputFilePath);

//applying redaction policy
            RedactorChangeLog result = redactor.Apply(redactionPolicy);

//saving the document after successful redaction
            if (result.Status != RedactionStatus.Failed)
            {
                redactor.Save();
            }

}
        catch (Exception)
        {
            throw;
        }
    }

I have attached the document that I am trying to redact and the resultant document after redaction.

abc.pdf (35.7 KB)
abc_Redacted.pdf (571.3 KB)

Also note that size of the redacted document is 15 times more than that of the original document is there a way to reduce this size?

1 Like

Same thing is happening with a PDF in spanish.

1 Like

@zeerakzubair
This issue is reproduced at our end. Therefore, we have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): REDACTIONNET-423

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Could you please share a sample Spanish file as well? And the phrase that you are trying to redact.

Here is the Spanish Document, and the keyword was “Martin”.

@zeerakzubair

For some reason, the Document is not uploaded/attached. Please compress it to ZIP and share/upload again.

@atir.tahir Here is the document.5b52be8d74554148921445e1df645c24.pdf (2.1 MB)

@zeerakzubair

Thanks. We’ll further investigate it.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as REDACTIONNET-423) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by atir.tahir