Excel - Viewer 3.2.2

There appears to be a problem with Excel viewing. We’ve tried both HTML rendering and IMAGE rendering.

It seems the library creates a container (Image or HTML) for the Excel spreadsheet, but does not actually fill the container.

The end result is an empty image or an empty html page.

Can you confirm?

All other formats appear to work.

edit: Also, the ConvertImageFileType does not support/accept TIF/TIFF? Is there are reason for this omission? Are we supposed to use the Conversion library for that format?

Hi Mike,

Thanks for trying GroupDocs.Viewer for Java 3.x.

There appears to be a problem with Excel viewing. We’ve tried both HTML rendering and IMAGE rendering.

It seems the library creates a container (Image or HTML) for the Excel spreadsheet, but does not actually fill the container.

The end result is an empty image or an empty html page.

Can you confirm?
Plesae let us know that how you are testing the API? Either, are you using our UI Less /UI Example or are you trying to use our API in your own project?

Also, the ConvertImageFileType does not support/accept TIF/TIFF? Is there are reason for this omission? Are we supposed to use the Conversion library for that format?

Yes, currently ConvertImageFileType does not support TIF/TIFF while rendering a document into Image. Your concern is little unclear. Please share your expectations about ConvertImageFileType. Do you want to render and show your document in the TIFF format while Image based rendering?

Many Thanks!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as VIEWERJAVA-1206) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by groupdocs.notifier.
(3)

I am testing the API in two ways. In a simple POJO Java Application and also fully integrated into our J2EE JSP Web App.

I am unable to generate a representation of any Excel file to either the HTML or IMAGE target. Can you confirm?

We have a document management requirement of either PDF/A or TIFF. I cant seem to do either with Viewer 3.2.2 We have a license for GroupDocs Total for Java. Should we use some other component of your libraries to achieve PDF/A or TIFF? Possibly, the Conversion library?

Hi Mike,

Thanks for sharing your experience with GroupDocs.Viewer for Java 3.2.2.
I am unable to generate a representation of any Excel file to either the HTML or IMAGE target.
We are able to reproduce this issue at our end as well. Hence, we have logged this issue in our internal issue tracking system.
As we get any update from the concerned team, we will apprise you.

As far as second issue is concerned:
Should we use some other component of your libraries to achieve PDF/A or TIFF?
Can you please elaborate it more, do you want to convert preferred document in PDF/A or TIFF?

Keen to hear from you.

Many Thanks
atirtahir3:
As far as second issue is concerned:
Should we use some other component of your libraries to achieve PDF/A or TIFF?
Can you please elaborate it more, do you want to convert preferred document in PDF/A or TIFF?

Our Organizational requirements only allows PDF/A of TIFF documents to be stored in our database.

So, these are our document format targets that we would like to use with Viewer 3.2.2

Hi Mike,

Thanks for sharing your requirements.
GroupDocs.Viewer for Java 3.2.2 supports TIFF and PDF formats. In order to learn more, please visit our Supported Document Formats article.

Many Thanks

Hi, I’m having the same issue with excel documents (xls, xslx, csv, etc) with 3.2.2 version. Also tried with older version, 3.2.1 and 3.2.0, but I get unresolved dependencies for:

com.aspose.ms.jdk.NetFramework#mscorlib;5.7.0: not found
com.aspose.ms.jdk.NetFramework#System;5.7.0: not found
com.aspose.ms.jdk.NetFramework#System.Drawing;5.7.0: not found
com.aspose.ms.jdk.NetFramework#System .Net;5.7.0: not found

I’ve added this maven repository: http://maven.aspose.com/artifactory/simple/ext-release-local/ but those dependencies are not found.

What am I missing for that library version.

Hi Fdariasm,

I am sorry but can you please explain your query more specifically ?

unresolved dependencies for:

com.aspose.ms.jdk.NetFramework#mscorlib;5.7.0: not found
com.aspose.ms.jdk.NetFramework#System;5.7.0: not found
com.aspose.ms.jdk.NetFramework#System.Drawing;5.7.0: not found
com.aspose.ms.jdk.NetFramework#System .Net;5.7.0: not found

The unresolved dependencies you are sharing, aren’t they regarding .NET ?

Kind Regards

Hi Fdariasm,

These are the internal dependencies and can’t be reproduced in simple tests. In order to reproduce the issue, please provide:

1) A sample project demonstrating the issue.
2) A sample Excel document to use with the project.
3) Information regarding your development environment

Once you provide the above information, we’ll hopefully be in a better position to reproduce the issue at our end and then investigate further.

Many Thanks

In my SBT project, if I use viewer version 3.2.1 I get those unresolved dependencies. But if I use 3.2.2 everything is resolved correctly. Please try with the attached play project, in the sbt console run update both with 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 version.

Hi muhammad, thanks for answering. You can test the described issue with this project and also with the attached documents. That project is using spring, but we’re using play framework with Scala. Most features work well in our implementation except for the excel formats, and a watermark issue (related post)

Hi Fdariasm,

Thank you for providing the required docs and a sample project.

Our team will investigate the issue and get back to you with the outcome.

Kind Regards

Hi Fdariasm,

We investigated the project you shared.
Most features work well in our implementation except for the excel formats
This issue is reproduced at our end, excel files/documents are not rendering to Html pages or Images. And this issue is logged in our internal issue tracking system. As we get any update from the concerned team we will certainly notify you.
Secondly, using GroupDocs.Viewer for Java 3.2.2 in SBT project that you provided, we didn’t face any unresolved dependency issues. So, you are good to integrate this particular version of the API in your project.
Furthermore, we are not able to reproduce Watermark issue at our end. See the following screenshots:
Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2
Please make sure you set storage/temp files correctly.

Best Wishes

Hi, version 3.2.2 resolves fine in sbt but not version 3.2.1 that’s the one with the unresolved dependencies. Try changing the version and reloading the project in sbt, in our case is not resolving correctly.

Hi Fdariasm,

Yes, we are able to reproduce this issue at our end as well.
We would suggest you to integrate latest release of the API in your project.

Many Thanks

Yes I’d like to use the latest release, but we really need to be able to display excel documents. So we’d want to try a previous version to check if the issue is not there, while you guys fix it for the latest release.

Thanks anyway

Hi Fdariasm,

We can understand your need of the moment. But we will appreciate your patience. Fortunately, this issue is resolved in the upcoming release, but that is not on-board yet. We are in contact with the concerned team as we get any update, we will notify you.

Best Wishes

If you needed another example of this not working, I’ve put the function I’ve used, the source file, and the result here:

result.html · GitHub

Please keep us informed.

- Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Surely, we will inform you as we get any response from the concerned team.

Have a nice weekend ahead.
Many Thanks