File type is not supported. when d-comparison-handler/ViewDocument is invoked

This is happening in our production servers but not on our dev and QC servers.

The OS is Windows 2012 and IIS8.5.

We are getting a File type is not supported exception although the file exists on the temporary directory and seems to be opened correctly.

Please see attached screenshot.

Also, the event log we got is this:

Type : System.NotSupportedException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Source : Groupdocs.Web.UI.Comparison
Help link :
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : Void ProcessRequest(System.Web.HttpContext)
HResult : -2146233067
Stack Trace : at Groupdocs.Web.UI.Comparison.InternalHttpHandlers.EmbeddedResourceHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

What are we missing?

Thanks.

Leo

Hi Leo,

I’m sorry to hear that you have such issue. I will investigate this issue but it will take some time because I will need to install all required software like Server 2012 iis 8.5 etc… When I will have any news for you - I will come back to you.

Best regards.

Hi again,

I have installed Win server 2012 r2 and IIS 8.5 on the virtual machine and deployed example project which we shared with you for how to use several libraries in same project. As you can see from this screenshot Comparison doesn’t throw such error. Since that could you please share with us code and documents examples. Also will be useful if you will share guide for how to reproduce this issue.

Thank you.

Thanks, Pavel.

I am working on getting the ASP.NET temporary files deleted in production and waiting if it helps.

Regards,

Leo

Hi Leo,

In such case please keep me updated.

Thank you.

Hi Pavel,

I cannot replicate this in any of our servers and is only happening in production for the same code that we released.

It looks like the exception is thrown inside the Groupdocs.Web.UI.Comparison.InternalHttpHandlers.EmbeddedResourceHttpHandler.ProcessRequest.

But I don’t know what it is trying to resolve for this handler.

If you can guide me on what could potentially be causing this issue within this class, that would be great!

Thanks.

Leo

Hi Leo,

Thank you for coming back. Since you get this issue only on the production we faced with similar issue once and clean/rebuild solved the problem Try to clean cache on the production, rebuild the solution and deploy it again. Also you can try to remove and re-add the library - this also helped us to resolve similar issue. It has more to do with the IIS server than with a library.

Best regards.

Hi Pavel,

Did you find specific root cause in IIS for this?

I will have the cache removed again in production, but rebuilding and re-deploying to production is going to be a challenge unless we know the root cause.

Thanks.

Leo

Hi Leo,

Unfortunately no, I was not able to found it out and our Product team can’t find it as well. Looks like it’s reason somewhere in the IIS cache system and GAC system. Also since you can’t reproduce this issue on other servers I can assume that it refers to the server configuration or specific server architecture.

And one more time - when we faced with similar issue on our test server I was able to resolve it with simple re-adding reference and rebuilding, but I can’t guarantee with 100% sure that it will help you too.

Also try to check user rights for read/write etc.

Best regards.