Get Storage Info method of the storage API in PHP

Hi.

I am looking for the most effective way to provide my application’s users with a list of all files in the GD repo. For the moment we can only craw folders one by one and retrieve the list of files and subfolders individually. This adds up to a lot of requests and subsequently - long execution times.

It looks like the best way to go for the moment is to cache the list of files locally and only refresh it periodically or when needed.

The get_storage_info method would be useful for determening when to refresh the cache. We can compare the total storage used and the total number of files to the cached version and only update when there are changes. However, the only value that seems to change when a new file is uploaded is the available space - everything else just returns NULL.

So, the actual questions:

- Why does the storage info method return nulls

- do you have any ideas of other ways to check for changes (quickly) so I can update the cache

Thanks in advance!

Hello Yavor,

We are sorry to hear that you have the issue with the GetStoreInfo method. We have reproduced the issue and created a bug ticket. Our product team will resolve this issue and we will notify you when this will be fixed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,

any updates on this?

Hello Yavor,

We are sorry for the delay .

Yes, now you can use used_documents parameter from the GetStorageInfo method, to check changes with documents in your storage.

If you will have more questions please feel free to contact us.

-------

Best regards,
Evgen Efimov

http://groupdocs.com
Your Document Collaboration APIs
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google+