Get supported file types using comparison API in .NET

I am using the newest .net version of comparison. Calling the GetSupportedFileTypes function did not return txt as suported file format.
The page Supported File Formats | Documentation shows much more file formats than the GetSupportedFileTypes() function returns on a Windows 10 system. What is the reason for the quantity of file formats?

Thx
Oliver

1 Like

@o.grohme,

Yes, TXT is a supported file format. We have logged this scenario in our internal issue tracking system with ID : COMPARISONNET-2077. Its now under investigation. You’ll be notified if there’s any further update.

Are there any updates available? For me it is a huge bug that I do not get all supported file formats like described in the documentation.

@o.grohme,

We’ll add list of all supported file formats in GetSupportedFileTypes method. You will avail it in upcoming release of the API that is expected at the end of this month.

Cannot find the ID COMPARISONNET-2077 within the current release notes.

You announced it for the release.

@o.grohme,

Please note that TXT format was missed in GetSupportedFileTypes method by mistake. It is actually a supported file format and mentioned in documentation. However, now it has been added in the method in version 19.11. See this output.JPG (50.4 KB). We’re sorry for the inconvenience you faced.

Thanks for the feedback, I just don’t understand why the website Supported File Formats | Documentation shows 47 possible mime types and the function GetSupportedFileTypes currently only returns 23.
Is it better to use a fixed list? I don’t think this function is helpful if it doesn’t return all possible file types.

1 Like

@o.grohme,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We are further investigating this. As there is any update, you’ll be notified.