GetDocumentInfo From stream

Hi,

Is it possible to call GetDocumentInfo from a stream? At the moment it seems that it is only possible to do this on an actual file, whereas in our usecase (chunked files stored) we have been able to do this using streams.

If this is not possible, is there an absolute requirement to use the document information? or can i just pass back basic information such as the page numbers, etc.?

I’m also not sure if you’re intending for your customers to make use of the showcases as-is but there are a number of critical security flaws in them. Please contact me privately and/or give me a pgp key for more info.

this is the method: GroupDocs.Annotation | GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET API Reference

Thanks

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We have forwarded your query to the product team for more details and solution, once we get any update from them we will inform you here.
Regarding your concerns showcases, it is the example application which make users understand the working of the API , also it is open source application so anybody can use it same as it is or modify it as per their requirements.

We appreciate you for sharing your concerns and if you have any other concerns or query please feel free to share with us.

Warm Regards,

I thought as much re. the github project, but always good to make sure. Thanks for the quick reply. I’ve also noticed in the trial that calling GetDocumentInfo will also generate a file (fd.xml) in APP_DATA by default. Is there any way to change/specify the location of this file?

Thanks for the quick reply, and looking forward to hearing from the product team.

Cheers

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for sharing details once again.

Yes you can update/change the github project as per your requirement and we will appreciate your contribution in example project as well. We are sorry but we have not received any update from product team yet due to other priority tasks and assignments, once i get any update from them will definitely inform you.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Warm Regards,

@jonathan.murray

Thank you for your cooperation and waiting.

Your raised issue "GetDocumentInfo " is fixed in new release. You can only get information about coordinates of words in document (This information is needed for UI part only) and You can change this setting StoragePath parameter of AnnotationConfig class.
In other case you can implement interface IFileDataStore and specify there whatever method of storing information. Please click here to download the latest API release.

If you will need any help or you will have any other questions regarding GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET API please feel free to ask.