Getting author for the changes using document comparison API in .NET

Dear Team,

Can you please advise if I can get the name of the user who did the changes, so for example the document is modified by many users can I get their names along with the change description?

Thanks,
Kind Regards,
Md Reza.

@mdreza1472

Thank you for using GroupDocs.Comparison API.

GroupDocs.Comparison API currently supports only metadata information in document comparison. Your required features is currently not available same as you wanted, However we will forward this feature request to the product team for feasibility. Once we have any update regarding this, we will inform you here.

If you will need any help or you will have any other questions regarding GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET API please feel free to ask.

Warm Regards,

Muhammad Rizwan
Support Team

Dear Rizwan,

Many Thanks for your swift response, I was digging into the API and found the Type named “ChangeInfo” which has a getter/setter “Authors”.

Can you please advise if this will give the information of the user name who did the changes?

Thanks,
Kind Regards,
Md Reza.

@mdreza1472

Thank you for coming back.

Yes, “Changeinfo” is available but the purpose of this is for getting changes off array, however we have logged your request in our ticketing system for further investigation and solution feasibility. Once we have any update regarding this, we will update you here.

Warm Regards,

Muhammad Rizwan
Support Team

Dear Rizwan,

Many thanks for your response,
It means that ChangeInfo will get all the changes done to the word document when the Track Changes feature for the document is active?

Thanks,

Dear Rizwan,

Can you please provide me response with the last question as this is now escalated by the client and we need to implement the same?

Thanks,
Kind Regards,
Md Reza.

@mdreza1472,

ChangeInfo holds the all details regarding changes in a result file that also contains the “Author” name, please see this sample code for reference.

//Get array of changes
    ChangeInfo[] changes = result.GetChanges();

foreach (ChangeInfo change in changes)
    {
        Console.WriteLine("Change Text: " + change.Text);
        if (change.Authors != null)
        {
            foreach (string auth in change.Authors)
            {
                Console.WriteLine("Author: " + auth);
            }
        }
    }

We have also noticed that the “Author” property is null for our sample word documents and we are sharing this with the product team for the resolution as it could be only issue with our sample word document files only.

Kindly share your findings for “Author” property.

Thanks

authorscount.png (80.2 KB)
Dear Rizwan,

I tried to check the Authors member variable after enabling the Track changes feature of Word document and also found that somehow it is populated but only with null values?

Can you please get the solution for this with the technical team?

Thanks,
Kind Regards,
Md Reza.

@mdreza1472

Thank you for your issue confirmation. We have already logged this issue on our issue tracking system for product team to get solution for this issue. your raised issue’s tracking id is “COMPARISONNET-1385
Once we have any update regarding this issue, we will infor you here.

Thank you for your patience.

Dear Rizwan,

Thanks for your swift response, I would highly appreciate if I can get a fix for this ASAP; as this is related to demo for one of our crucial project and if this takes more time we would miss a very crucial opportunity & client as well.

Many Thanks for your extended support.

Kind Regards,
Md Reza.

Also, if possible can you provide with a temporary fix(if not a complete fix) for the same.
How much time would be required for this tentatively?

Thanks,
Kind Regards,
Md Reza.

@mdreza1472

Thank you for sharing your concerns.

We have logged the issue on our issue tracking system and currently GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET team is working on monthly release which is expected to release in next two or three days. We are sorry for the inconvenience but your raised issue will be resolved after following some standard procedures and priorities. As you mentioned that you want to get issue resolved on urgent bases, i suggest if you don’t have valid Priority Subscription then get Priory Support Subscription and avail Hotfixes option.

" Hotfixes : delivered to address your issues. Product updates to fix issues outside the normal release schedule."

This is the fastest way to get solution for the issue and i recommend you for this as well. If you are interested in this, please free to contact us.

Warm Regards,

Dear Rizwan,

Can you please advise how many days tentatively it will take for normal bug fix release for this issue to be fixed?

Thanks,
Kind Regards,
Md Reza.

@mdreza1472

We are sorry, we can share exact ETA for the issue resolution as every task and issues have different priorities on which product team is working, therefore we cannot share tentative days for bug fix. We have prioritized issues on different level and current issue has less priority therefore i have suggested you for the Priority Subscription Option. Once we have any update on this issue we will immediately inform you here.

Thank you for your patience.

@mdreza1472

Thank you for your cooperation and waiting.

Your raised issue "getting author changes " is fixed. please click here to download the latest API release.

If you will need any help or you will have any other questions regarding GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET API please feel free to ask.