GetViewInfo hangs indefinitely when opening .tar.gz file using .NET

Hi,

I know tar.gz is not listed as one of the supported formats, so I don’t expect it to work (although it would be nice), but I do expect a FileTypeNotSupportedException to be thrown.

Using the GetViewInfo sample with version 20.1 and the attached file, it seems to hangs indefinitely.
Test ZIP to TAR.tar.gz.zip (2.7 MB)

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka,

We’re investigating this behavior of the API. You investigation ticket ID is VIEWERNET-2320. As there’s any further update, you’ll be notified.

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka,

This issue is resolved in version 20.2. We’ve added support of gzip archives as well.

1 Like

Thank you for fixing the hang :slight_smile:

It’s not hugely important for us, but I noticed that the content is missing/incorrect when rendering a gzip archive.
Render GZip Archive.zip (15.0 KB)

I does render the archive name properly “Compressed Word File.gz” but shows the content is “Compressed Word File”. If you open the archive, you will see the content is actually “Portrait_Landscape.docx”

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka,

We are investigating this scenario. As there is any update, you’ll be notified. Your investigation ticket ID is VIEWERNET-2352.

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka,

VIEWERNET-2352 will be fixed in next release of the API that is 20.3.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka,

You’re welcome.

@Clemens_Pestuka,

Your reported issue VIEWERNET-2352 is now fixed in API version 20.3. You can download it here.

1 Like

@atirtahir3

Thank you again for your help :slight_smile:
I can confirm this is working fine now. :+1:

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka,

You are welcome :slight_smile: