Whether group docs viewer java commercial package includes java web components to render the document including search and highlight sepecific word, zoom in ,zoom out, go to page etc?
We are interested in a library that can be deployed on “on-premise” having the viewer functionality. While checking the standalone library, we understood that viewer is not packaged on that. Could you please let us know whether options available to cover both viewer and standalone library functionalities in a single build?
- Document API for Java Documentation - GroupDocs.Viewer for Java 3.x Wiki
- GroupDocs.Viewer for Java Example Projects - GitHub Source Code
- GroupDocs.Viewer for Java Videos - YouTube Tutorials
Thanks for the response.
We have a use case as mentioned below.
The user views the document using the Group docs document viewer on the left side of the screen and having set of fields extracted from the document in the right side UI. Example: Document is having Book Name: ABC, Author: Wolf, Price: $300. Those are extracted and shown in the UI as individual fields (Book Name, Author, Price fields with values).
When user navigates between fields we wanted to trigger the find action in the viewer through the API with the field value.
For instance, user is in the first field “Book Name” and navigates to the second field author. At that point wanted to pass the author name (i.e Wolf) to the search api so that that particular word can be searched and highlighted.
Here we wanted to know below things. In a standalone edition,
1. Is there a search API available that performs search and highlight the keyword in the document? Can that be triggered by us?
2. When we fire that API call, will go to the server as the viewer JAR components are deployed in the server? Do we need to expose a server side method to do this operation and refresh the page?
Is this search performed on the client side without hitting the server? If yes, is there a client library (java script functions) available on the Group docs viewer that can be invoked from our java script? Could you please provide some reference materials for client side call?