I have updated GroupDoc viewer DLL to version 3.2 in my
SharePoint project. After adding a latest reference of the DLL my code
started giving me error. We have noticed that there are certain method
is missing. Please see below image for detail error. Kindly do needful
asap.

Thanks,
Bhavin

Hi bhavin.sankhat,

Thanks for giving try to next generation GroupDocs.Viewer API.

Please note that GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET starting v3.0.0 is different from the previous versions. It is a UI-less API exposing only UI-less+back end document rendering APIs in which object oriented approach has been implemented in a very simplified way.

Therefore, you may not use the new version in the way as you were using previously, but you can easily understand and get migrated to the new version of GroupDocs.Viewer 3.0.0 by visiting this link.

Please find below some resources to quickly get started:

We have also provided some sample open source front ends on Github. You can download and learn the working of the new API. Below are the links of sample front ends:

Warm Regards

Hi Usman,

As usual , very confusing and not clear path with SharePoint integration. This is really frustrating when you have developed something and have to re-do all the implementation when the newer version of product is released. We are ok with the re-implementation but there should be clear guideline available for SharePoint implementation. We have seen that there is old GroupDocs viewer integration with SharePoint articles are available but not for newer version of GroupDoc Viewer. Kindly do needful and provide us SharePoint integration articles on newer version of GroupDocs viewer.

Thanks,
Bhavin

Hi bhavin.sankhat

We apologize for inconvenience.

We are investigating your issue and shall provide you SharePoint configuration for GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET v3.x. Once we have any updates, we will notify you here.
We appreciate your patience.

Warm Regards

Hi Usman,

This is really quick help. Thanks for taking our request in consideration.

Thanks,
Bhavin

Hi Bhavin,

You are most welcome.

Warm Regards

Hi Usman,

Any update? We need to done this ASAP as we have very stringent module delivery timeline.

Please do needful ASAP.

Thanks,
Bhavin

Hi Bhavin,

We have started working on your issue and once we have any updates on it, we will respond you without any delay. We appreciate your patience in this regard.

Warm Regards

Hello,

Any update on this? We are awaiting for your response. Please do needful ASAP. Also let us know the approx time to release the integration component.

Thanks,
Bhavin Sankhat

Hi Bhavin,

We apologize for the delay. Please note that SharePoint integration is not the part of the API. Instead, we will provide you a sample SharePoint application that will work with next generation API (v3.0 or greater). We will also check if it is possible to provide you estimated time.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Warm Regards

Hi Usman,

Thanks for prompt reply.

Please do that, sample application will do. Can you please confirm the tentative timeline for the same?

Thanks,
Bhavin

Hi Bhavin,

We have noted the request for tentative timeline for the SharePoint sample project. Once we have any update, we will notify you.

Your cooperation is very much appreciated.

Warm Regards

Hi Usman,

Any update? We are waiting since long for this.

Thanks,
Bhavin

Hi Bhavin,

We apologize for the delay.

I have posted the request for the SharePoint sample project. As it is not an API related issue therefore the they haven’t announced any release date yet. Once I get any update, I will notify you.

We highly appreciate your cooperation and patience in this regard.

Warm Regard

Hi Bhavin,

We are pleased to inform you that development of SharePoint 2013 sample project for GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET 3.x is completed. Please download the project from this link. Please try it and share your experience with next generation API.

Have a nice day.

Warm Regards

Hi Usman,
Thank you very much for the efforts. We are in process to integrate the solution in SharePoint. We will let you know if we have any queries or concern.

Thanks,
Bhavin

Hi Bhavin.

You are always welcome. We shall be waiting for your feedback.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards