GroupDocs.Annotation fails getting a document

Hello,

I'm thinking about buying your product (Annotation library).

I wanted to try it and downloaded the trial version.

I tried this example from GitHub (https://github.com/groupdocs-annotation/GroupDocs.Annotation-for-Java/tree/master/Showcase/GroupDocs.Annotation-for-Java-using-Servlets) but it failed with
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) document/info?file=candy.pdf.

Because of this feature is one of the most important things I'd like to get if I buy this library.
So I have to know for sure that it properly works. 

Best regards
Sergey Kolosov

Greetings!

Thanks for taking interest in GroupDocs.Annotation for Java 3.x and posting your concerns. We are not able to reproduce same issue at our end.
Did you apply license for API evaluation? If not then we’d recommend you to use a temporary license for evaluation. See how to apply license properly here.
Please apply license and share your afterwards experience.

Best wishes

Hi Sergey,

In addition to our previous reply, can you please also share following details:

• Linux distribution and version.
  • Java vendor and version
  • or just share output of java -version

It will help us to investigate your issue in depth, if its not related to to license only.

Best wishes
Hi Atir,

ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Output of java -version:
openjdk version "1.8.0_131"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_131-8u131-b11-0ubuntu1.16.04.2-b11)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.131-b11, mixed mode)

Best regards
Sergey

Good Day Sergey,

Did you apply temporary license for evaluation? Please make sure it was applied properly.

Many Thanks

Hello Sergey,

Furthermore, can you please let us know the exception on server side or output of /document/info URL? That may help us to dig into the issue, if it is not occurring due to invalid license.

Thanks

Hello Atir,

I opened that URL in a new tab. See stacktrace on the screenshot attached.
Also I didn’t manage to get a temporary licence. I saw just a blank page.

Best regards
Sergey Kolosov

Hi Sergey,

Apparently it seems like a storage path issue. However, we are working on it. As a workout, you can use absolute path of storage directory in project.properties file.
Change <span class=“pl-k” style=“box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(167, 29, 93); font-family: SFMono-Regular, Consolas, “Liberation Mono”, Menlo, Courier, monospace; font-size: 12px; white-space: pre; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”>storage.path<span style=“color: rgb(36, 41, 46); font-family: SFMono-Regular, Consolas, “Liberation Mono”, Menlo, Courier, monospace; font-size: 12px; white-space: pre; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”>=${basedir}/storage to absolute path (home/user/storage etc). This may resolve your issue.

Kind regards

Hi Atir,

Also I’m not able to get a temporary license. Could you explain what steps I have to do to get it, please?

Best wishes
Sergey Kolosov

Hi Atir,

I have changed ‘storage.path’ value to absolute path but it still fails with the same exception.

Best regards
Sergey Kolosov

Hello Sergey,

I’m not able to get a temporary license. Could you explain what steps I have to do to get it
Let us help you in getting a temporary license.
Please visit this page and follow the given steps:
  • Navigate to Get Pricing Information wizard
  • Select product family, platform, quantity, subscription period, license type and then press add to quote. After that proceed to next step
  • Skip all steps until you reach step 4
  • At step 4 you can request a temporary license
Hope it will help.
Kind regards

Hello Sergey,

Also I’m not able to get a temporary license.
Were you able to apply license properly?

Thanks

Hello Atir,

I was able to apply license properly.

Kind regards
Sergey Kolosov

Hello Sergey,

As we could not reproduce same issue at our end. Can you please share your sample project with us (including all the recent changes you made)? That will help us in finding the root cause of the issue.

Your cooperation will be appreciated.
Best wishes