GroupDocs.Annotation File type support

Can you explain exactly what file types are supported in the current version of GroupDocs.Annotation. There are conflicting pages on the website … some say dozens of file formats are supported … other say ONLY word and PDF are supported.

I emailed sales and they did not know and told me to post a question here.

It appears that in the previous version of the product, many file formats were supported … but in the current release all those formats were dropped. Can you confirm this or clarify what is and is not supported.

Thanks!

Hello,

Thank you for showing your interest in GroupDocs.Annotation API.

GroupDocs.Annotation 3.x.x are the latest next generation API’s and will be supported, currently GroupDocs.Annotation 3.1.0 API version announced and that supports only PDF and Word document formats. Pleas download the latest API from here.

Please find below some useful resources to quickly get started with GroupDocs.Annotation API.

If you will need any help or you will have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Warm Regards

A couple follow up questions:

1. We are considering spending a considerable amount of money on this. If I understand correct, you no longer provide support for previous versions … which are the only ones that support all the other file types? So vendors that had purchased the previous version using your API to markup the 50 other file types … are now simply abandoned? That is extremely concerning.

2. Do you have an ETA for supporting the file types that were removed from the new version.

Thanks

Hi Jay,

Thank you for sharing your concerns.

GroupDocs.Annotation 3.x.0 are UI-Less APIs and legacy API’s are dependent on Front-end. Customer using legacy products we encouraged them to use our Next Generation API therefore we also announced our front-ends as open-source and available for everyone. Now user can also modify Front-end as per their need. We are still providing support to our customer who are already using legacy API as we never abandoned our valuable customers.

We have plans to provide support for other file formats as well and for this our product team is already working on it. but at this stage we cannot share ETA as its against our support policy.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Warm Regards,