Thank you for showing your interest in GroupDocs.Annotation API.
We have different types of APIs for GroupDocs.Annotation please click here fore more details.
First of all, is there an online demo available?
Yes we have Online Demo for GroupDocs.Annotation for Cloud
also we have uploaded front-ends for GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET on GitHub
Does the GroupDocs.Annotation product include the Viewer?
Yes GroupDocs.Annotation supports limited Viewer functionality , we have another API GroupDocs.Viewer for complete viewer functionality.
Or is that a prerequisite for the Annotation product?
No there is no such prerequisite, Groupdocs.Annotation for .NET and JAVA are UI-Less APIs . So you can use it with your own front-end or you can use it with our open source front-end or you can create your own front-end using GroupDocs.Viewer and GroupDocs.Annotation.
If it is not a prerequisite, is Annotation an option that can turned off for a document?
Sorry need some more details regarding this one.
What kind of styling can be applied to the toolbar?
Here is the list of Available feature available in GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET API and these all and some extra functionalities are available in our Open source Front-end.
Can e.g. icons be
changed, colors be changed, font and font sizes, can icons be hidden if
Yes in GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET front-end uploaded on GitHub you can modify it as par your requirement as its open source.
If you will need any help or you
will have any other questions please feel free to ask.
Sorry need some more details regarding this one"
Thank you for the clarification.
I Suggest you to go with GroupDocs.Total where you will find more APIs with single License, please click here for more details.
functionality. That raises the question: what are the limitations?
GroupDocs.Viewer supports more document formats to render and many other Document Viewer functionalities, you can use these features for GroupDocs.Viewer like:
- HTML – Renders document into HTML by converting it to SVG+HTML+CSS
- Images – Raster the document and convert the document pages into images form
- PDF – Raster document to PDF Format
- Original Format – Get document into its original format within your application
- UseCache option for repetitive viewing of the same file supports HTML image formats
- Remove all cache files
- Remove cache files older than a time span
- Rotate pages while rendering documents
- Reorder pages
- Add watermark
- Get original files attached with emails
GroupDocs.Annotation API supports major functionalities of Document Annotator with less document formats support and renders document as Image, SVG+HTML+CSS. You can use these feature of GroupDocs.Annotation:
- Area Annotation – Mark an area for annotation in form of notes. Area can be a line, paragraph or portion of document
- Point Annotation – attach comments to any point
- Text Annotation – add explanation to any selected text
- Strikeout / Underline Annotation – mark up text or revision instructions by editors with Strikeout or underline
- Text replacement -Replace selected text
- Text and Area redaction – blackout selected text and area within the document
- Polyline – draw shapes and lines
If you just want to go with GroupDocs.Annotation then currently you can renders these document formats only and you can turn on/off Annotation functionalities while rendering the document. We are also upgrading our APIs and including more document format support in upcoming releases.
Hope these solutions can work for you. if you will have more questions to ask, please feel free to contact us.
Thank you for your inquiry.
GroupDocs.Total will allow you to use different APIs like GroupDocs.Annotation, GroupDocs.Viewer, GroupDocs.Conversion etc. in a single license but all the features of each API will remain in its own domain. in other words GroupDocs.Total’s Annotation API supports only formats listed here as i mentioned earlier.
If you will need any help or you will have any other questions please feel free to ask.