GroupDocs Converter (Java v1.3) - configuring output by page

Hi

We use GD converter v1.3 for Java as part of our stack. We would like the converter to send back the HTML output as separate pages instead of a single HTML string for all pages. For example, if we send a document with 10 pages, we want GD converter to send back 10 separate files, each containing a single page.

Is there a setting in GD converter that would enable us to achieve this?

Would appreciate an early response as this is an urgent requirement.

Many thanks

Tim
Hello Tim,

Thank you for your request.

You can use .setAsListItems(true) parameter for HtmlSaveOptions class. Please, recheck this code below:

HtmlSaveOptions htmlSaveOptions = new HtmlSaveOptions();
htmlSaveOptions.setAsListItems(true);
//Optional parameters
htmlSaveOptions.setSavePath("path for output files\\");
ArrayList list;
htmlSaveOptions.setSaveName("file name");
list = conversionHandler.convertToHtml(" file that should be converted", htmlSaveOptions);

Also, you should know, that you use our legacy version of the library and we don't support this version anymore. At the moment we have 17.3.0 version of the GroupDocs.Conversion for Java, that also has this functionality .

If you will have any questions regarding new version, please create new forum thread and we will be glad to help you.

--------------

Best regards,
Evgen Efimov

http://groupdocs.com
Your Document Collaboration APIs
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google+

Thanks Evgen, very helpful.

The reason we are still on the legacy version is that ever since v3 the HTML output seems to be more complex and random which makes it very difficult for us to parse it (our application requires us to be able to highlight specific paragraphs in the document using javascript and the v3 markup makes it tough for us to find the paragraphs and their edges or ‘context boundaries’).

Is there a way of configuring v3 so that it outputs HTML in a similar style to v1?

Hello Tim,

Unfortunately, at the moment new version (17.3.0) of the GroupDocs.Conversion for Java library doesn't support output Html styles as in 1.3 version, but we have logged this problem in our issue tracking . We have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

--------------------

Best regards,
Evgen Efimov

Thanks Evgen, again very helpful.

If this issue with HTML output style could be resolved this would enable us to upgrade to the latest version. That would be fantastic. It would be really helpful if you could also let us know when this issue has been scheduled for development.

In the meantime, we are missing some sample files for GD 1.3 conversion which used to be on your website but have since been removed. Specifically we need the GroupDocs Conversion 1.3 for Java Servlet Example. Would you be able to send us these files or a link?
Hello Tim,

We have attached .zip file with demo examples for the GroupDocs.Conversion for Java 1.3 version to this thread, you can download them and recheck.

----------

Best regards,
Evgen Efimov

thanks Evgen

Evgen, our developer tells us you have not sent the GroupDocs Conversion Servlet example/sample code that used to be on your site. Could you send this?

Much appreciated.

Tim

Hi Evgen

I hope all is well - are you ok to send the v1.3 ServLet example?

Tim

Evgen

The developer has clarified that what you sent through above was a sample JAR file for running it from a local machine.

What we need is the Servlet example.

Many thanks

Tim
Hello Tim,

We are sorry for the delay.

Unfortunately we not had the Servlet example for the GroupDocs.Conversion for Java 1.3 version. The demo examples, that I shared with you, have all possible variants of conversion with additional options . You should just use the code examples in your existing project that already uses the library.

----------------

Best regards,
Evgen Efimov

Evgen, I hope all is well. Can you let me know whether v17.3 has yet been updated to support output HTML styles as in v1.3 (see issue above). Also, are you able to resupply the source code files for v1.3? Tim

@tim.pullan,

We’ve logged this scenario as an investigation in our internal issue tracking system with ID:CONVERSIONJAVA-448. As we have any update on this, we’ll notify you.

We’ve forwarded your request to the concerned support person.
Meanwhile, please explore our open-source servlets based showcase project developed using 17.3.0 version of the API and share your experience.

Hello @tim.pullan,

Can you please specify your last question about resupply the source code files for v1.3? At the moment all development process on version 1.3 of the GroupDocs.Conversion of Java is stopped.

Best regards,
Evgen Efimov

Hi Evgen,

I appreciate the source code is dated but we are currently using it due to other problems (some mentioned above) with upgrading to the latest versions something we fully intend to address in the next round of development work.

For the problem we have here and now we really need for you to resupply us with the source code of 1.3.

Thanks for your understanding.

Many thanks,

Tim

@tim.pullan,

We are investigating this scenario. As we have any update, we’ll surely notify you. Your patience shall be appreciated.

Hi Atir, Evgen,

Is there someone I could escalate this issue to as we have customers desperately waiting on hearing we have a solution and an unspecified time frame is severely affecting our service to them and the knock on potential revenue?

If you could supply a phone number I will have someone call you to discuss.

Many thanks on expediting this request for us.

Tim

@tim.pullan,

We are sorry for the inconvenience you are facing. However, we have raised your issue with the management. As we get any update from them, you’ll be notified.

Hi @tim.pullan,

My name is John Owens, I am a member of the Business Team here at Aspose, I am based in the UK.

Can you send me an email (john.owens@aspose.com) with your phone number and I’ll give you a brief call to discuss.

Many thanks

John

@tim.pullan,

We are sorry for the inconvenience you are facing. We were able to locate the sample code that was provided to you on old forums. Please find the attached sample project.
examples.zip (545.4 KB)