Groupdocs heap space error for viewing large doc files

Hi

I am using groupdocs 3.0 version and when i try to load a file larger > 10-15MB i am getting a java heap space error. Can you let me know what should i do to fix this one?

Thanks,
Raghavan

Hi Raghavan,

Thanks for showing your interest in GroupDocs.Viewer for Java 3.0.0.

We investigated your issue with great care, but we are unable to reproduce this issue at our end.

i am getting a java heap space error
It triggers when your program is consuming a lot of memory, trying to add more data into the heap space. But there is no room for the additional data.
Can you let me know what should i do to fix this one?
Yes sure, please follow the given steps:
  • On Eclipse menu, click Run -> Run Configurations
  • Select the Java application you want to run
  • Click on the Build tab
  • Update the VM arguments (e.g. -Xms512M -Xmx3024M)
  • Press Run
This screenshot will elaborate above mentioned steps as well.
Hope this will help and you will not face this error again. Give it a try and share your experience.

Keen to hear from you.

Many Thanks

Thanks for reply. few questions i got while implementing groupdocs:

1.4.The documentInfo object creation time for large files is always erroring out for big files. Does it read entire file into memory to create meta data about the documents?? – Still error after increasing memory for larger files.
2. I am evaluating groupdocs. When i implemented with version 3.0 i am able to view only first page of any document using evaluation version. Is this expected?
3.What is the use of fonts folder getting downloaded with the examples? should this be configured to serve form server. WIll groupdocs work without knockout,jquery and other dependent js libraries. can we use our own version of jquery if available already?

Hi Raghavan,

The documentInfo object creation time for large files is always erroring out for big files. Does it read entire file into memory to create meta data about the documents?? – Still error after increasing memory for larger files.
Can you please provide the problematic file, I tried to reproduce the issue using a 16MB file but faced no error.

I am evaluating groupdocs. When i implemented with version 3.0 i am able to view only first page of any document using evaluation version. Is this expected?
As you are using API in evaluation mode. See evaluation limitations and licensing of GroupDocs.Viewer article to get more information.
Furthermore, you can evaluate the product in full mode by getting a temporary license. Follow the given link to request a temporary license.
Temporary License - Purchase - groupdocs.com

What is the use of fonts folder getting downloaded with the examples? should this be configured to serve form server. WIll groupdocs work without knockout,jquery and other dependent js libraries. can we use our own version of jquery if available already?
There are font styles in font folder, in our showcase project, we didn’t utilize them. However, you can also add custom font styles in the project.
Please note, all given scripts are important and the sample project just demonstrates that how the GroupDocs.Viewer for Java 3.0.0 Back-end API can be used. Don’t consider sample project itself as an API.

Have a nice weekend ahead.
Best Wishes