GroupDocs.Search exception: array dimensions exceeded supported range

I’m using GroupDocs.Search v22.11.0 for .NET Framework 4.7.2 (64-bit) and I keep seeing the following exception when I try to index more documents: Array dimensions exceeded supported range.

This exception is terminating and automatically exits my application with only the explanation above. Two questions: 1) why does this happen when indexing new documents? 2) how can I prevent it from happening?

1 Like

@shannan

Could you please create/share a simple console application using that issue could be reproduced?

See attached. There is some manual setup you’ll need to do - as explained in the README file. This program is attempting to index over 100k files (in batches of 100). It can get about 20% complete when it encounters the terminating exception for "Array dimensions exceeded supported range"Test.zip (143.6 KB)

… and here is the code to go with the test executable above: Code.zip (6.8 KB)

@shannan
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SEARCHNET-2848

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@shannan

We couldn’t reproduce this issue at our end with 200K text files 3-15 bytes each and with 200K text files about 1 kilobyte each.
There is no error during indexing. Could you please describe what files you used (size, format, any other details). We tested this scenario using this code.zip (720 Bytes).
You can also share your code along-with the files details.