GroupDocs.Viewer fails on concurrent requests after server startup

When we do concurrent requests after server startup the first requests fail.
I created a test case with JMeter that you can use to simulate the same scenario, just remember to edit the JMeter variables, see the screenshot.
In the attachments, you’ll find the documents, JMeter test case, a screenshot, and the server log.

gd.viewer fails with concurrent requests after server startup.zip (291.8 KB)

@john.mcqueide

I’m sorry for the delayed response. We’re investigating this issue, the issue ID is VIEWERJAVA-2782. We’ll update you as soon as we have any information.

1 Like

@john.mcqueide

During the investigation, we have managed to reproduce this issue couple of times when most of the runs the application worked well. Can you please share more details about your environment and the versions of OS and Java that you’re using? How often are you experiencing this issue?

Sorry for taking so long to answer.

This is the information that you asked for:
SO: Windows 10
Java version: Oracle 1.8.0_221
Issue frequency: I’m facing this issue after almost server startups. I mean, when the server finishes starting I send some concurrent requests and the first requests fail.

@john.mcqueide

Thank you for sharing the details. We’ll update you as soon as we have any new information.

1 Like

@john.mcqueide

The log file that is attached in the archive to this issue contains the following om.groupdocs.ui.Application : Starting Application using Java 11.0.10. Can you please clarify which version of Java you’re using?

1 Like

Sorry, that happened because I use different JDK versions.

I just did another test and I see that I forgot to say some important information. You need to clean the cache folder before you restart the server again if you have already loaded the file once.

About the JDK I got the issue for RedHat OpenJDK 11.0.10 and Oracle 1.8.0_221.

logs.zip (6.5 KB)

@john.mcqueide

Thank you for the clarification!

@john.mcqueide

The issue has been fixed in this commit. Please update the code from the demo to the latest version to resolve this issue.

1 Like