GroupDocs Viewer for desktop app

Hi,
I am interested in using Group Docs Viewer in a desktop application. I have downloaded the example provided but I cannot make it run (it always exists with code 0). I would expect to open the files in a browser. I know the Doc Viewer api is for online apps but I wanted to try it is see how it works. Do I need to set something for the trial license?
It is possible to use Group Docs Viewer in a desktop app? If yes, do you have an example of how it can be used? Do you have any documentation related to this?

Thank you a lot,
Alina Dragoi

@alinad,

Thanks for taking interest in our API.

GroupDocs.Viewer is flexible enough to be integrated with the web applications as well as the desktop applications. In fact, GroupDocs.Viewer allows you to render the document pages in the form that can be easily displayed in your front end application. The API provides two ways to render the document:

• HTML based rendering: In HTML based rendering, the API generates the HTML representation of each page of the source document. You can easily manipulate the HTML content of each page and save it as an HTML file.
  • Image-based rendering: In image-based rendering, the API converts each page of the document into an image (PNG, JPEG or BMP). You can easily save the image to your desired location and display it in your application to view the content of the document.

Hence, you can view the rendered HTML pages or the images in your front end application.

Yes, you can get the Temporary License that enables you to evaluate all the features of the API without any limitations.

Yes, GroupDocs.Viewer can easily be used in a desktop application in a similar way as it is used in a web application.

Please share with us the platform (.NET or Java) in which you are interested you use the API so that we can provide you the relevant useful resources.

Thank you for your response, Related to the Temporary License> I have accessed this link: Temporary License - Purchase - groupdocs.com. I have accessed the Get Pricing Information Wizard, and I get this:image.png (53.3 KB)
At the top I have a code that I have entered in the Place an online order or get a quote step, clicked Next, Then I have selected Temporary Licensein the How may we help? section. After that I am redirected to this page: Temporary License - Purchase - groupdocs.com
I am confused as I didn’t receive any email with a temporary license. Can you please let me know if I should receive an email with a temporary license or how is the procedure?
Thank you,
Alina Dragoi

@alinad,

We have created a separate topic in GroupDocs.Purchase category for your inquiry regarding temporary license. Please follow this topic for further updates.