Groupdocs viewer for .NET - original pdfs returned to browser on clicking Print button

Hi, I have configured GroupDocs Viewer in asp.net core 8 application. Viewer type jpg has been set.
When I render pdf document, it correctly renders as images per page.

However when print button is clicked, it appear to return directly the pdf file and user can simply choose text on print preview and click on Save as Pdf and saves file. This is bit concern as why one should use viewer, if entire pdf is being returned to user.
Is there any way to avoid this. Old groupdocs viewer for .NET actually returns images for pdfs and not entire PDF file.
Any workaround would be good for this. Thanks!

@sachinerande

I got your point, and I believe it is valid when you want to protect the data from being copied. We’ll take a look at how it can be fixed. As a temporary fix you can hide download and print buttons.

var builder = WebApplication.CreateBuilder(args);

builder.Services
    .AddGroupDocsViewerUI((config) =>
    {
        config.DisableFileDownload();
        config.DisablePrint();
    });

See sample-app.zip (89.8 KB) as an example.

Thanks @vladimir.litvinchik , when do you think it will get resolve or at least any workaround to let printing works.

@sachinerande

This week we’ll take a look closer at this issue. At the moment we considering to print PDF which is assembled with JPEG images instead of printing JPEG images. By taking this approach the UI part won’t be changed and users won’t be able to copy the text. Will it work for you?

1 Like

Hi @vladimir.litvinchik
If my understanding is correct images are rendered first in backend and those are sent to browser.
Now you are going to render all and assemble that into single pdf, and return that file for printing.
is that right ? as long as we print images which gets rendered in browser this should be fine.

@sachinerande

Yes, that’s right. Thank you for the feedback.

1 Like

Hi @vladimir.litvinchik : any rough idea when do you think this would be released.
thanks!

@sachinerande

At the moment, I’m not ready to share the ETA for this issue. We’ll investigate it this week in detail and share update with you.

1 Like

@sachinerande

After considering this feature we decided to implement changes to print images instead of creating PDF file as adds overhead since we need to build PDF file when we already have images.

Thanks @vladimir.litvinchik, no problem, hope that will print all pages (entire pdf) just not the one that got rendered.

@sachinerande

Sure, all the pages should be printed.

1 Like

Thanks @vladimir.litvinchik , when likely do you think this would be released?

@sachinerande

I’m sorry for the delayed response. We have planned this feature for implementation for the next week. We’ll let you know in case of any updates.

1 Like

Hi @vladimir.litvinchik just chasing up on this to make sure this is in progress. thanks!

@sachinerande

This task is in our plans for implementation. We’ll keep you updated.

Thanks @vladimir.litvinchik, appreciate if follow-up can be done for this and picked up earliest, as we are blocked on this now.

@sachinerande

Sure, as soon as I have any updates I’ll notify you here.

1 Like