GroupDocs.Viewer for scalable application

Hello Groupdocs,

I am integrating GroupDocs.Viewer with my java application which is hosted on AWS and uses S3 for storing files.

First thing I noticed that GroupDocs stores information about original and cached files in sqlite database (in data.db file). This works when we have one app server. But what if I have multiple tomcat instances behind load balancer? Is there any ways to override/implement custom database storing instead of using sqlite in local filesystem?

The second question is related viewing existing files. I have a lot of files on S3. And I want to store cached file on S3 as well (I’ve implemnted custom AWS S3 cache handler). But I don’t want to re-upload them via GroupDocs uploadFileHandler. How can I specify GroupDocs.Viewer to cache and preview existing files?

I was looking into AmazonS3InputDataHandler but:
- looks like it should be present in sqlite database
- it based on original filename

Thanks
Andriy
Hello Andriy,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Unfortunately, with our legacy Viewer library you can't override sqlite database connector, at the moment it is not possible. Besides we have released new generation of the GroupDocs.Viewer for Java library and it is different from the legacy version . Also we will not support the legacy library anymore. Please investigate our documentations for new generation library here .

About storing cached files on S3. Basically in our legacy product we have CacheDataHandler interface that should help you with this . The new generation of the library has ICacheDataHandler interface for this.

If you will need any help with our new generation of the GroupDocs.Viewer library , then please create new thread with 3.0 marker.

-----------

Best regards,
Evgen Efimov

http://groupdocs.com
Your Document Collaboration APIs
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google+

Thanks so much for quick response.

I will look at new library.

You are welcome.

----------

Best regards,

Evgen Efimov