GroupDocs Viewer Licensing Error

Hi,

I am currently trialing GroupDocs Viewer for .NET in our Winforms project. I have been given a trial license key to test out all product features.

I can successfully set the license key using the Viewer.SetLicense(path) method but get an error whn trying to load the license key from an embedded resource. Please see attached screenshot. The error is:

{“Cannot find black listed licenses resource. Please report this error to Aspose.”}

Is this error happening because I am using a trial key? I am particulary interested in getting this method working as i am evaluating your software integrated into our commercial software product OnePlaceMail and this would be the means that we would like to distribute the license key in our software.

Any help appreciated

Regards

Colin

Hello Colin,

Sorry for the delay with the answering. The way to specify the license, that you’ve found in the wilds of GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET (using the “Groupdocs.Web.UI.License” class and its “SetLicense(Stream)” instance method) is not allowed and thus is not working. For this moment the “Groupdocs.Web.UI.Viewer.SetLicensePath(String)” static method is the only way to specify the license for the GroupDocs.Viewer.

We understand your requirement to load a license from the embedded resource in a form of a System.IO.Stream, so our developers will implement a new method, which will allow to specify the license as a stream, not as a path. We will notify you in this thread when new version of the GroupDocs.Viewer with this feature will be ready to use.

Thanks.

Hello Colin,

Our developers have prepared a new version of the GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET 2.5.5443.31314, where license can be specified as a stream. Here is an example:

using (Stream licenseStream = new FileStream(@"\GroupDocsViewer.lic", FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read, FileShare.Read))
{
Groupdocs.Web.UI.Viewer.SetLicenseStream(licenseStream);
}

This method will allow you to specify a license, which is present as the embedded resource.

We will send you the link to this version of GroupDocs.Viewer to your email address colin.wood@xxxxx.

Thanks.