GroupDocs.Viewer.Net Ram memory - RAM usage

I have 800 users who will use my GroupDocs.Viewer.Net - I have a server with Windows Server 2008, how much RAM I need for my 800 users to work seamlessly with my GroupDocs.Viewer?

The ".doc" files to be viewed with GroupDocs.Viewer much RAM consumed in theory?

Thank You!

Hi there,

Thanks for taking interest in GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET API.

We are currently gathering the information to provide the hardware requirements (specifically RAM) to run a document viewer application smoothly. Once we have your requested information, we’ll notify you here instantly. Please stay tuned with us.

In case of any confusion, please feel free to contact us.

Warm Regards
Thanks for your reply.

I have 16GB of RAM on my Web server with IIS.

It is enough for 800 users? or should I increase my RAM?

Hi again,

We apologize that, for the time being, we are unable to provide you the requested information as we don’t yet have any updates. We appreciate your cooperation in this regards.

Warm Regards

You could offer an estimated time? our website in 10 days will be published with the display (GroupDocs.Viewer.Net), and we present a catastrophic stage by excessive consumption of RAM by the display (GroupDocs.Viewer.Net) would lead to complete failure as organization and lose too

Hi Leblancoj,

We have logged the request in the system but we can not provide you the ETA as it depends upon the nature of the issue and the number of requests already there in the queue that need to be investigated.

Meanwhile, we also suggest you to test your application with multiple users on a small scale and monitor the consumption of the RAM. This will also give you an idea that how much RAM the application is using for a specific number of the users. Hope this will also help you.

Have a nice day.
Warm Regards

Hi Leblancoj,

Would you please provide us the answers against each of the following questions?

• Which document types he is going to render with GroupDocs.Viewer (and if it possible please provide sample document(s))?
  • Which rendering engine does he use (Image or Html)?
  • Does he use GroupDocs.Viewer caching?
  • Is it expected that all over 800 users will be working at the same time?

NOTE: When GroupDocs.Viewer cache is enabled (ViewerConfig.UseCache = true) the first time when you render document it consumes more resources and time than when you render document from the second time then GroupDocs.Viewer extracts data from the cache.

We shall be waiting for your response.

Warm Regards

• Which document types he is going to render with GroupDocs.Viewer (and if it possible please provide sample document(s))?

document types: Docx, Ppt, Excel, PDF, JPG - The files are on average 800KB - Is there any limitation for Excel files? in terms of number of rows?

• Which rendering engine does he use (Image or Html)?

• Does he use GroupDocs.Viewer caching?

Whenever we use the GroupDocs.Viewer a folder called "cache" is created think if enabled

• Is it expected that all over 800 users will be working at the same time?

800 users per day from 9:00 to 18:00, all at the same time, performing the same task of displaying documents with GroupDocViewer

We are using one hand version 2.19 of the several available for groupdocs dll. The engine is Image and these are being stored in a folder named Cache.

The main structure of directories that are created are:

Temp

Cache

fromurl

Processing

many directories are then created.

I have some questions about this “Cache”,

1. how much hard drive space could it take per file
  2. Can I limit the cache space?
  3. It can be self cleaning cache GroupDocs?

Thank You.

Hi there,

Thanks for your response.

We shall get back to you shortly.

Warm Regards

Hi again,

We’ve reviewed additional information that you had provided and we can’t give exact answer on your question: is it enough to have 16GB of RAM or not because document rendering time and resources consumption depends on multiple factors such as document’s content which can include text, images, tables; amount of resources that application can use; server loading and so on.

Furthermore, we can see that you are using an older version of the GroupDocs.Viewer which is no more supported. We recommend you to use the next generation GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET API starting version 3.0.0 which is introduced as a back-end document processing API. I am listing down some useful resources for you to get started with the latest versions.

In case of any confusion, please feel free to let us know.

Warm Regards

Hello Leblancoj,

Thank you for coming back.

Unfortunately, we can't say you an exact size of the cache files , because it depends from the original document that can include images, tables , graphics content . This content can increase the document cache size to double or to threefold.

About managing the cache . Our legacy Viewer library has a DocumentCache class to manage it , so please investigate this documentation to limit or to clean the cache.

If you will have more questions please feel free to contact us.

------------

Best regards,
Evgen Efimov

http://groupdocs.com
Your Document Collaboration APIs
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google+

Thank You!!!!

I want to know in theory should consume as its API in RAM when viewing a file, doc, xls, ppt, pdf 800 KB weighing.

With you give me an estimate for a single document in terms of consumption, I could do tests, we are against time to migrate

Hi Leblancoj,

As I mentioned in previous post, the resource consumption varies for different documents and it also depends upon the content (images, graphics, formatting styles etc.) of the document. Therefore, we can not provide you any estimated value as it varies all the time for different documents in different environments. Still, if you want to check the RAM consumption then you can check it by viewing any document in your own application and then monitor the usage of RAM. As the environment in which application is running also matters therefore it is necessary that you check the application in the environment where it is supposed to be hosted. Hope it can help.

If you should have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Warm Regards