GroupDocsParserException on parsing plaintext without extension

Hello, I am trying to extract text from files, but whenever Groupdocs.Parser (currently using version 20.12.0 for .NET) encounters plaintext file which does not have any extension, it throws GroupDocsParserException, and thinks that the file is invalid/malformed. However any simple text editor can open and read such file.

Thanks for any help.

@jvymazal

Please have a look at the supported formats list. You may face an exception, if you process a file/document that is not in the list. However, if you share sample code and the source file we’ll further test that at our end.

The problem is not in the document format. It is ordinary .txt file which is normally parsed without problems. However when you remove the file extension (without changing the file) you get the exception I have written about. You can easily try it with any demo app for extracting text, just give it plaintext file as input, check that it is parsed, then remove the extension from file and you will get the error I got.

Thanks

@jvymazal

We’ll further investigate if there’s any such possibility and let you know about the outcomes. You investigation ticket ID is PARSERNET-1726.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PARSERNET-1726) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by albertakhmetov