We're sorry GroupDocs doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - groupdocs.com

Handle unsupported attachment-file-types in EML conversion

Hello,
I want to use the conversion from EML to PDF, with attachments.
In some mails there are unsupported file types in the attachment list, like zip or p7s.
If the converter detects an attachment with an unsupported file type, it just throws an exception and stops the conversion - it doesn’t convert the remaining attachments anymore.
If you have 3 attachements and the first one has an unknown type, the other two attachments aren’t converted as well, even if they are supported types.

I tried to use the ConvertOptionsProvider and set the NoConvertOptions result for unsupported file types, but this doesn’t change the problem.

The perfect solution would be, that the Convert method returns unsupported attachments without any conversion to the document stream and moves on to the next attachment.

1 Like

@JuneTech

We are investigating this scenario. Your investigation ticket ID is CONVERSIONNET-5732. We’ll notify you in case of any update.

@JuneTech

Yes, this could be implemented and we will do it in next version of GroupDocs.Conversion for .NET. We’ll notify you once the release is available.

These are greate news, Thank you for the update.
Then I am looking forward for the next version release!

1 Like

@JuneTech

You’re welcome.